Chapter 18

I glanced over at Olivia as she was admiring the scenery of the Californian mountains that surrounded us. The blue sky stretched out to the edges of the mountains in our view, with the sun rays glistening through the windshield.

I glanced back over at Olivia shifting in her seat, meeting those beautiful green eyes. She was taking off her jacket exposing the tank top she wore underneath it. I turned my head back onto the road as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

She leaned to the back seat as she threw her jacket over. I looked back at her only to be met by the soft tanned skin on her chest. She shifted back into her seat properly, smirking at the move she had just made. My heart was beating out of my chest at the sight. She knew what she was doing and she didn't attempt to hide it.

I decided to play her at her own game.

I started to speed up the car, bringing my hand down onto the gear stick as I shifted gears. She looked at me confused as I glanced over smirking. My eyes focused on the road once more after I placed my hand on her thigh feeling her warm soft skin. It was my advantage she decided to wear shorts.

I felt her tense up to my touch as goosebumps formed on her skin, I couldn't help but smirk at her reaction. She pressed her legs together and gasped for air as I started to move up her thigh. I gripped onto her gently as she tilted her head back and placed her hand around my wrist.

"God Natalie" she gasped.

The way she said my name caused my whole body to tingle. I looked over at her laughing as I took my hand off of her thigh.

"You shouldn't tease me whilst I'm driving then" I smirked.

She looked over to me and huffed. She looked annoyed but it was adorable.

"Liv?" She didn't reply.

"Olivia" I said again. Still no reply.

"Stop that" she said as I prodded her side with my finger.

"She talks!" I said enthusiastically. She rolled her eyes.

"Livvvvvv...talk to meee" I dragged.

She can be so stubborn sometimes so I decided to pull over. She continued to stare through her window, still ignoring me.

I prodded her with my finger again.

"Quit it!" She said almost laughing.

I started to tickle her more as she squirmed in her seat trying not to laugh. She finally gave in as she gasped for air.

"Okay! Okay! Stop...please" she screamed as we both laughed. I continued to drive, "I knew you couldn't ignore me forever" I chuckled.

She didn't reply, so I slowly went to prod her side again.

"No! Fine, but I'm still mad at you" she slapped my hand away.

We finally made it to Big Stump Grove after a 40 minute drive from Minkler. The view on the way was spectacular, filled with rocky mountains, giant forests and waterfalls.

Big Stump Grove is situated in Giant Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon National Park, famous for the giant sequoia trees. I started to tell Olivia that it was famous for the Big Stump Basin, which was a large sequoia stump, Big Stump Grove was a section of the Sequoia forest which was logged in the 1880's including fallen trunks and stumps.

It was now lunch time as we walked back to the car and drove 10 minutes through route 180 to Grant Grove Village, passing huge sequoia trees that surrounded the route. We admired the view as it brought back memories of how me, my mother, brother and father would come here to grab something to eat on our small road trip.