Chapter 16

[Trigger Warning - Mention of abuse]

Olivia's POV

It was 10 pm and I had learned about her past from when she had been cheated on and how she only had flings after that. I quickly realised that I was actually the first person that she had opened her heart out to since her ex-girlfriend.

She had taken a two year fire sciences degree after her training to increase her chance of taking the role she had always wanted. She is now 24 and holds the responsibility of a lieutenent fire officer. She truly is her fathers daughter.

Luckily I achieved a scholarship to nursing school. With my savings along with my parents help, I managed to pay for the additional funds.

I started to tell Nat how I had met Adam at nursing school and had Sky as 21. Sure it was a young age, but I was young, dumb and in love, thinking that I would of spent the rest of my life with him as a family like my parents. 

"I know I shouldn't bring this up, but has he hurt you before? It's just that night you said it wasn't the first time..."

I wasn't really ready for this question.

"Im sorry, I shouldn't of brought it up."

"He wasn't always like this...he was gentle and caring. My parents and friends loved him. Until one night last year he had said that he was jealous that I wasn't spending as much time as I used to with him. I mean how can you expect that when we had a two year old to look after. By that point Sky was fast asleep in her bed."

I took a breathe.

"He pushed me down onto the bed demanding sex. I didn't want to because I was exhausted after working a 12 hour shift. He didn't seem to get it and started dragging me around the bed gripping onto my wrists as if I were some child's rag doll until he got on top of me. Nat...he started to hit me." A tear escaped my eye.

"He just wouldn't stop. I was screaming in pain and I heard Sky crying with her arms wrapped around her legs, the look in her eyes was pure terror."

"He forced me to have sex with him that night, he was so rough. I had bruises all over, my face, my chest, my wrists and my neck, you name it. As soon as he fell asleep I grabbed as much as I could carry and took Sky with me to my parents house until I could afford my own apartment. He told me he had changed, how he would never lay a finger on me again and how sorry he was. With the past I had with him before the incident, I stupidly agreed to move back in with him after the fire. Sky has never been the same since that night...Until we met you." I cupped my hands to my face as I denied the tears that fell.

Natalie came up beside me and held me in her arms as I sobbed into her chest, her hands rubbing my back comforting me. I felt so safe in her arms, as if nothing or no one would make me feel like that again. 

"I'm so sorry you went through that Olivia. You and Sky deserve the world and if I could give it to you, I would. But all I can offer you is my love. I will forever wait for you until you're ready, I'm going to be here and I won't be going anywhere. No one will hurt you again. Ever."

I pulled away as I dried my tears.

"You make it so hard for me not to fall for you" I laughed, Natalie chuckled as she put her hand on my cheek to wipe the last tear that fell.