Chapter 5

Olivia's POV

I walked over to Skylar and kneeled down to tell her that 'mommy's hero' will be joining us at the cafe and pointed at her in the distance as she waved, she squealed and ran over to her. 

I laughed at my daughters reaction, she's usually quite timid towards people, after everything that happened between my boyfriend and I she started to become closed off to most people. 

That's why I had an apartment of my own, he begged for me to come back after the fire so I decided to give him a chance. But I was unsure about how Skylar felt towards her own father.

I start walking over towards them after speaking to one of Sky's supervisors, Natalie looked up straight into my eyes with an alluring smile and back down to Sky. 

Her smile gave me butterflies, before I knew it I was staring at Natalie. 

She had dark brown hair tied up in a messy bun showing her defined jawline. She wore black jeans that fitted her body with a thick tanned belt hugging her small waist and a loose black shirt that was only tucked in the front. 

Aside from her perfect, toned body. Her eyes caught me off guard the most. 

Her eyes were like the Californian ocean on a warm sunset, if I dared to look closer I'm sure I could almost drown in them. They were filled with hope of the future and love but there was also sorrow and heartbreak. 

She was mesmerising...her pink lips spread across her cheeks as she got up to look at me, grinning. She was enough to capture anyones attention with her astonishing appearance. 

She was naturally beautiful, she doesn't need make up and I'm pretty sure she could pull anything off.

I heard giggling between us as I quickly pulled out of my trance. 

"Mommy what are you staring at?" she giggled. 

I quickly looked back up to Natalie, who was still grinning, I blushed as she winked. Oh my god Olivia.

"uh-nothing sweetheart".

We all started walking towards the cafe that was only a five-minute walk from the hospital. We decided to sit at a table outside with the sun kissing our tanned skin. 

I learned that Natalie was actually the lieutenant of the fire department and how her father was captain until he retired. She didn't talk much about her mother though.

Everything about her was enough to captivate me, she was interesting and never failed to make me and Sky laugh, I hoped that we would be good friends after this.