Chapter 30

It was 8pm on a warm Friday night and it was still light out. I was heading over to Olivia's to surprise her. She hates surprises, especially on her birthday, Sky had told me last week that it was her birthday tomorrow and she didn't suspect a thing.

I had not long just finished work and was currently pulling up to her drive. I honked my horn just before she walked out, I waved over at Sky who was saying goodbye to her mom.

"Hey baby" I greeted.

"I can't get used to you calling me that" she chuckled as she got in the car. "So what are we doing today?"

"It's a surprise" I smirked.

"You know I hate surprises" she rolled her eyes.

"C'mon, you're gonna love it" I poured.

I pulled up to my condo and went to open the trunk, Olivia looked at me confused which was quickly replaced by shock. I pulled grabbed a set of keys from my bag.

"Stay here, I'll be right back"

I headed towards the garage and quickly returned pushing a motorbike out onto the drive. It was a Kawasaki Ninja 650, which had a black and bright green body. I only ever rode it to clear my mind or on a joy ride with Chris.

Olivia looked at me in terror. "There is no way in hell i'm getting on that thing!" She yelled.

"Do you trust me?" I asked as I looked deeply into her emerald green eyes, she could never resist it when I looked at her this way.

"Ugh, fine" she said as she rolled her eyes.

I went back into the trunk of my car to bring out two Kawasaki motorbike jackets, in which I opened one up to let her get into it. I put mine on straight after and handed her a black AGV helmet, I held onto both of the buckles as I held it over her head, pulling it down, I flipped open the visor showing her how to do it, I then turned on the device that was situated on the side of the helmet.

"We can talk to each other through this intercom, just try not to scream too loud, you look good by the way" I smirked.

I pulled out both of the pillion passenger door rests and got onto the bike and fitted my green and black AGV helmet that matched the bike, also turning my intercom on. I kicked the bike off the stand, balancing the bike with my legs I urged her to get on the back. She put her hands onto my shoulders as she lifted herself up over the bike.

"Come a little closer baby, you might wanna hold on tight.

She pressed her body against mine, gripping onto me as I pulled out of the drive, hearing the engine roar caused my adrenaline to kick in. I changed gears with my left foot, increasing the speed with the throttle as she held onto me a little tighter.

The sun had started to set as I parked up by Santa Monica beach. I took Olivia's hand helping her off the bike before kicking the stand back down, keeping the bike up as I got off. I took off my helmet and helped her with hers before unzipping the jackets and putting them on the bike.

"That...that was amazing!" She said in astonishment.

I smirked before holding her hand as we walked onto the sandy beach, I wasn't too bothered about the helmets and jackets as we were still close to the bike.

I sat down onto the sand pulling her down with me in between my legs, "I wanted to show you this".

We looked over the horizon and saw a beautiful sunset, filling the sky with fire hearths and tangerines. The colour reflected onto the sapphire blue ocean as the stars and moon started to become visible in the night sky above us.

"You never cease to amaze me Natalie Wilder" she said as she nuzzled her head into my neck, bringing her body close to mine. I started to rub my thumb across her palm as I reached out into my pocket.

"Close your eyes" I said quietly hearing the waves gently crash into each other.

I placed the box in her hand, as she opened her eyes she sat up.

"What is this?" she smiled and gasped when she opened the box.

"This way I'll be forever close to your heart" She handed me the silver necklace, urging me to put it on her, my thumb grazed the N shaped pendant as I straightened the necklace out to put around her neck.

"I-I love you Olivia."