Chapter 22

"Olivia! Come in here!" I shouted.

She quickly stumbled into the bedroom as I pointed through the patio doors. "Let's go swimming" as I slid the doors open.

We both started to run down to the blue lake as the sun reflected on the ripples of the water. I quickly pulled my top off and threw it to the ground as I felt the sand on my feet. I looked back and saw Olivia behind doing the same thing. I ran back towards her picking her up bridal style.

"Don't you dare!" I ran into the water, dunking our bodies in, disrupting the calm lake. We popped our heads back up feeling the warmth of the sun compared to the cold water.

"I hate you!" She said as she splashed water at me.

"Don't. Move." I pointed behind Olivia and she glanced over her shoulder in panic. I dunk myself into the water using this as an advantage and swam over to her as I heard her muffled voice underwater. I quickly popped my head up next to her making her scream, I tilted my head back in hysterics as she splashed water at me once again.

I reached out to her and placed my hands on her waist, "seriously though, turn around" I said as I turned her around, keeping my hands on her waist.

She gasped at the sight.

With the setting, the sun came a sky of fire, spreading hues of red, blended with oranges and crimsons into the cloudless blue sky, with the mountains now merging itself into silhouettes from the shadows.

The view was spectacular and having Olivia in my arms made it almost perfect. I wrapped my arms around her as I leaned into her shoulder. It was as if meeting her was fate, friend by choice, but destined to be together. Regardless of the sight before us, she was the one that painted my world. She was the door to my soul and hammer to my walls.

I'd say that I'm too far gone to say I was falling for her, because deep down I knew that I loved her. But the thought of her not feeling the same way buried those words deep in my mind.

"Are you okay?"

I was so entranced with my thoughts I hadn't realised that Olivia had turned around.

"I'm okay, I just..." I sighed, not knowing what to say.

"Nat..."

I looked deeply into her eyes and then glanced down at her lips, my hand cupped her face as I brushed my thumb over her bottom lip. I knew she didn't feel the same way but I couldn't help but want to feel her lips against mine.

"Can I?" I asked. She tilted her head into my hand as she closed her eyes and nodded. I wrapped my hand around her lower back pulling her into me as our lips crashed together.

My heart fluttered to the warm embrace, compared to the other kisses we had shared, this one was delicate, slow and soft. It's as if time itself had stopped. She put her arms around my neck as she pulled me in closer for a deeper kiss.

I have escaped fire many times but this was a fire I couldn't put out. The fire in my heart was ignited the moment I laid eyes on her and in this moment my whole body was burning to the sensation of her body pressed against me with her lips moving against mine.

For what seemed like forever, we pulled away looking deeply into each others eyes. I rested my forehead against hers not wanting be apart from her.

"I can't lose you. Not now. If I did, I'd lose myself. You have no idea how strong I feel about you Liv." I looked down into the water between us.

She lifted my chin, "Nat...I'm not scared anymore." I looked at her confused.

"You make me feel as though I'm worth something, you make me smile even when I thought that I'd forgotten how to. You've never given up on me and you've shown me how to love again. I wanna give this a chance." I was completely dumbfounded, she leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Cmon lets go it's getting cold." She grabbed my hand as we walked back to the lodge.

I couldn't be any more happier than this moment. All the persistency and hard work definitely paid off, although we weren't officially together, but it was one step closer.