Chapter 6

It's been about a month and I was ready to go back to work, me and Olivia had seen each other almost everyday since the cafe. 

I haven't been this happy in a long time, her daughter Skylar was very fond of me and wanted to join us as many times as she could. 

I knew Olivia had a past with her boyfriend but she wouldn't go into it, she's a mystery I just want to unravel. 

We keep secrets to protect ourselves and loved ones wether they are good or bad, we cloud our judgement and close a part of ourselves off from people, to hide and bury those secrets to the deepest of our minds, hoping that they won't resurface. 

As I look into Olivia's eyes I can see that no matter how much she tries they still seem to surface, I see those beautiful emerald green eyes, but see the depth of pain and trauma, almost as if she was scared to love again. 

She has a boyfriend though. Is she happy with him?

The vibrations coming from my bedside table started to go off, glancing at my phone I see that Taylor was calling. 

"Hello stranger" I smiled.

"Hey Nat, how are you doing? Heard you're coming back to work! Everyone's excited to have you back, I know we all saw each other last week to catch up, but we're planning on going out this Friday before you're pulled back into reality" she chuckled.

"Sure I would love to, mind if I invite some other people?...okay thanks Tay, I'll see you guys Friday" I smiled.

I then texted Olivia, 'Hey Livi, no if's or but's we're going out Friday night' . 

I anxiously waited for her to answer, seconds after, she replied; 

'sounds fun (: I'll get my parents to look after Sky, I think Adam is out with the guys on Friday too'.

 Ugh, I groaned. He better not be at the same bars as us.