Chapter 31

Olivia's POV

"I-I love you Olivia."

Her words repeated in my head several times, my eyes widened as I looked out onto the horizon where the sun had set. My fingers were playing with the pendant around my neck as I was trapped in my thoughts.

Natalie Wilder, who was known for sleeping around, not one to love or have feelings, had just truly let her walls down. I didn't know what to say, I wanted to say I love her too but I was still stuck in this trance that was not letting me to speak or move.

It was the first time that someone had said that to me apart from my parents and Adam which was a couple of years ago. My heart was beating out of my chest as I tried to conjure up the words to say it, in all honesty, I was scared that she would leave me once I had let my walls down but my heart said the opposite. I was at war with myself and I didn't want to be another one of her trophies, conquests...lovers.

"Livi?" Apart from the waves, it was silent. "I'm sorry. I don't expect you to say it back, with my history and all...I understand." She went to get up and I grabbed her hand pulling her into me, I couldn't let her go. My heart was speeding up as I held onto her tighter, she just kneeled in front of me with her arms wrapped around me, all I could take in was her touch, her smell, the way she puts all of her effort into me.

"I love you so much Nat" I said as I nuzzled my face into her shoulder. I felt her ease up in my arms. "Your past is your past Nat, but that will never stop me from loving you."

We both pulled apart from the warmth of our bodies and we couldn't help but smile.

"You had me worried for a sec there Livi." She chuckled. We both looked up into the starry night sky as our fingers intertwined.

After a while of conversation, flirting and kissing Natalie stood up urging me to take her hand. We started to walk back to the bike and Natalie pushed me against it with her hands around my waist pulling me in for a passionate kiss.

"I love you so much" she grinned.

"I can't get used to you saying that" I blushed, those three words always made my heart flutter, it made me feel content and safe, knowing that I could love and be loved again this way.