three

"Jungwon-ah!" Daeun called for her cousin as she ran into his set. Jungwon was getting ready as he read the script for his drama. He gave her a confused look, "You're supposed to be at school. What brings you here?"

"I have to tell you something!" She panted as she gasped for air. He brought her to sit down at one of the chairs and told her to start speaking, "What?"

"Remember the guy that I met on the rooftop? The one I've been searching for? He's one of the professors at my school."

"Really?!" He stood up excitedly, "That's great! Did you talk to him?"

She shook her head, "No, I accidentally ruined his documents and now he's searching for me. So I ran away. That's why I'm here."

"Why did you even do that in the first place?" He frowned, "What about Bina? Did she bother you?"

"Surprisingly, no. She's always with her friends."

"That's a relief. Anyway, are you planning to tell the professor about your feelings?

"No. He's the professor that Bina had liked for years. I don't want to be someone stealing another person's crush. My goal is to win against Bina, not steal her man."

"Whatever, it would be nice to see her getting depressed. I hate her."

Daeun chuckled and watched as he started acting out his line to his co-actress.

Sunghoon scowled as he dried his documents with a hairdryer. He was relieved Edlyn had kept a hairdryer in her office. But his blood started boiling when the coffee stain wouldn't go away. He sat down on his chair and laughed, "As soon as I know who you are, I'll be sure to fail you in your exams!"

He gave up and went out of his office. He flinched out of surprise when Areum stomped past him. "Areum-ah," he called her but got ignored.

He walked to Heeseung's office and saw him rubbing his temples. The said doctor let out a tired sigh and smiled at him, "Sunghoon-ah, you're here."

"What happened? I've never seen Areum so angry before."

"She keeps asking me about the wedding. I already told her I don't have time right now."

"I think you should discuss this with her. She's actually preg–"

"Can you not bother me right now? I have had a lot of work recently and I can't think about any weddings right now."

Sunghoon felt annoyed and held both of his friend's shoulders, "You better discuss this with Areum. She's already pregnant! Of course, she wants the wedding to be held as soon as possible!"

Heeseung backed away slowly, "That's impossible. I used protection."

"They don't work sometimes. She's too scared to tell you because she knows you're not ready. You better go comfort her right now."

He nodded and sprinted out of his office. Sunghoon sighed and watched his friend running through the hallway.

Areum sighed and sat at an empty bus stop. She felt annoyed and tired that she and Heeseung had been arguing often lately. He was always tired and ignored her at home. It made her regret moving in with him.

"Areum-ah!" His voice called for her. She turned to her right and saw him running. She rolled her eyes and stood up, holding her stomach. She walked away and ignored him calling for her continuously.

He sprinted faster and held both of her hands, "I'm so sorry."

She slapped his hands away, "You always do this, Heeseung. I'm getting tired of it."

"I didn't know you were pregnant. I'm so sorry. I should have known better."

"Who told you?"

"Sunghoon," he muttered as he lowered his gaze. Areum sighed, "You've been too busy with work that you're shutting me out. To be honest, I feel like we're not meant to be. And I'm starting to regret moving in with you if you're going to keep treating me like an outsider."

He quietly sobbed and averted his gaze to her stomach, "I'll take care of the baby. I'll be a good father to it. And I'll take care of you. Forget what I said about not being ready. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and have a family with you."

Her heart melted at his words. Her lips curved into a small smile and she nodded, "I love you, Lee Heeseung."

"I love you more, Jung Areum," he smiled as he pulled her into his embrace.