fifty-five

[ a few months later ]

"Honey, wake up," Sunghoon showered kisses on Daeun's face. She stretched herself and slowly opened her eyes, "Hello." He laughed and helped her sit up straight. He slowly leaned towards her stomach and placed his hand to touch it, "Good morning, dearest."

She smiled and brushed his hair with his fingers, "Our child is going to be so spoiled if you keep treating it like this."

"Then, I don't mind at all. As long as I can shower you both with as much love as I can."

She got off the bed carefully and walked to the bathroom, wanting to wash her face. He followed after her and leaned at the doorway, watching her, "We have to be quick. The others are coming to the barbeque party soon."

Daeun frowned, "Ever since we bought this mansion, they keep coming here for parties. Is that an excuse to play in the pool?"

"Yeah, that does sound like Jake."

"As long as I get to see Jiah, then I'm fine," she smiled and picked up her toothbrush. He frowned, "You have to stop spending time with her. She keeps telling you all of my secrets."

"That's the fun part. I still can't believe you used to have a crush on Daera and then get rejected. Park Sunghoon getting rejected?" She teased.

"Yes because then, this girl was head over heels for me."

"Who? Bina?" Her question made him frown. "Not Bina," he pouted. "I've never been head over heels for you. You're the one who can't live without me," she teased again and walked out of the bathroom. He smiled, "You're right. You're very irresistible, honey."

"My daddy!" Jiah pushed Daehyun away as she hugged Jake tightly. Daehyun started to whimper before bawling his eyes out. Daera instantly ran to her son to calm him down. Jake frowned, "You should never push him like that, Jiah-yah. He's still a little kid. He could've hurt himself."

"You don't love me anymore!" The girl ran to Sunghoon who was grilling some meat. Daeun immediately pulled her away so that she wouldn't hurt herself, "It's dangerous, Jiah-yah!"

Jiah pouted and hugged Daeun, crying silently. "Jake, you better buy her toys if you want her to forgive you, Heeseung teased as he held his son in his arms. Edlyn, who was sitting next to him, frowned, "I told him not to spoil the kids too much."

"Don't worry, it's normal for the kids to feel jealous. I'm just glad no one got hurt," Daera said as she kept calming her son in her arms. Their conversation soon stopped as soon as Areum and Jay arrived.

"No, Jake said to buy three bottles of soda so I did. He didn't say anything about alcohol," Areum argued. Jay sighed, "No, he said to get some beer for the parents and sodas for the kids."

"He didn't say anything about beers. Daeun can't even drink beer. She's pregnant."

They both glared before facing Jake, "Did you say beer or sodas?"

"Soda," Jake answered in fear. Areum pushed the plastic bag she was holding towards Jay's chest, "See? I'm right and you're wrong."

Jay rolled his eyes and went to Daera to rant. Areum went to Heeseung and opened a can of soda before gulping it down to the last drop.

"I thought we only had to handle the kids fighting," Daeun whispered into her husband's ear. "You'll get used to it," Sunghoon said and kissed her cheek.

"I love this, Sunghoon. With you by my side, watching everyone having a good time. I hope this moment never ends."

"It never will, I promise you that. I love you, Daeun," he wrapped his arm around her waist before kissing her lips.

Daeun massaged her foot as she winced in pain. Sunghoon who was reading next to her noticed and scooted closer to her. "You're tired, Daeun. I'll help you. You just rest."

He silently massaged her foot and smiled at her. She watched him attentively, "I never knew you can be so sweet when you're married. Before this, I've known you as someone who doesn't want marriage."

"For you, I'm willing to do anything."

He put down her foot gently before walking to the closet. After a few minutes, he came back out, carrying a black box tied with a white ribbon. He gave it to her and waited for her to open it.

She gasped when she saw a snow globe in it. Two sculptures of a student and a professor in his doctor's coat. Behind them was a desk with papers stained in brown colour. Daeun realised it was their first time meeting after months of searching for each other.

The moment where she ran away after staining his documents with his coffee.

"You know that was the most embarrassing moment in my life. Why did you get this moment custom-made into a snowglobe?"

"It was my favourite moment. It was when I finally met you again after months of searching for you," he sweetly answered. "Yes and then I left you behind and drove away," she frowned and hid her face due to the embarrassment that was eating her up.

He laughed and stood up before placing the snow globe next to the one where the two sculptures sat together on the rooftop. Daeun stared at the two snow globes and admired them.

"I'll get another one, two sculptures holding a newborn baby. Then, I'll get another where two sculptures watch their child walking for the first time."

She opened her arms and waited for him to hug her back. He wrapped his arms around her before planting kisses on her lips. "I love you so much, Ahn Daeun."

"I love you too, Park Sunghoon."

The end.

Thank you for reading all of the books of the Unexpected series. I had so much fun writing them all. And your comments encouraged me to make a series on them. Your comments are all nice and very entertaining! My favourite books to write in this series were Jake's and Sunghoon's.

Thank you again for supporting me. This is the end of the series. You may leave long comments about the stories. I would be so happy to read them!

This was the Unexpected series everyone! Thank you again...