fifty-three

Heeseung sang a romantic song at the wedding. He smiled at the pianist that was playing the song before averting his attention back to the guests. Daeun wrapped her arms around Sunghoon's neck as he put his arms around her waist. They both swayed to the melody and stared into each other's eyes.

"You didn't tell me Heeseung can sing," she spoke. "I didn't even know," he shrugged and kissed her forehead. They both looked around, seeing some guests dancing to the song on the dance floor. Daeun leaned forward and rested her head on his chest, enjoying the moment.

The music ended and everyone cheered for Heeseung as he made his way off the stage. To Daeun's surprise, Bina walked up and tapped the microphone to make sure it was on. She fiddled with her fingers and made sure all the guests' attention was on her.

Daeun pulled away from Sunghoon and looked at her with a blank expression. Bina bit her bottom lip hesitantly before taking out her small flashcards that had her speech.

"Hello, everyone. I am Ahn Bina, Daeun's cousin. You may think that when I say cousin, we're close. But, no. I did a lot of awful things to her before. We both liked the same person but the person's heart belongs to her and not me. I have realised that."

"I was too ashamed to apologise because I thought I had the perfect life ever and that my life is better than her. Then, I realised again that no one is perfect. My father has a mistress and my parents are divorced now. My father was never there for me most of the time. And I am ashamed of thinking Daeun's life is worse than mine. She is the daughter of a former president. She lives in a big house, she has the man of my dreams, she's smart and lovable."

"And you deserve all the best things in the world, Daeun."

Daeun's lips curved into a small smile. She mouthed a 'thank you' to her cousin before waiting for her to continue her speech.

"Which is why the newlywed couple has to leave the wedding now," Bina's words earned the couple by surprise. Sunghoon frowned and looked at his wife, "Do you know this? Why should we leave early?"

"I don't know," Daeun answered. Bina smirked before saying, "You lovebirds should get ready for your honeymoon in the Maldives. I've booked the most expensive, amazing, honeymoon suite for you guys. The plane is leaving in two hours, have fun!"

"What?" Daeun and Sunghoon asked in unison. "Go! Go! Have fun! Give me grandchildren!" Mrs Ahn pushed them out of the venue.

"You know, we can just postpone the honeymoon. You must feel very tired," Sunghoon assured again for the hundredth time as he examined Daeun's tired eyes. She refused and smiled, "Don't worry! I'm doing just fine."

They both had arrived in the Maldives. Sunghoon went to the hotel registration counter to fill in a few documents. Daeun sat in the lounge and rubbed her temple, feeling nauseous from the plane turbulence that occurred.

"A cup of watermelon juice, Miss?" Hotel staff asked as he leaned the drink tray towards her. There was a coconut drink and the smell made her gag. She waved her hands to shoo the staff away and cupped her mouth.

Sunghoon immediately ran to her when he saw what happened. He sighed and massaged her shoulders gently, "We should get to our room fast. You're not feeling well, Daeun."

After a while of walking to their room, they finally arrived. Sunghoon excitedly opened the door to their room and they both dropped their jaw in awe. Daeun walked around to explore the room and what caught her attention was an outdoor bathtub decorated with rose petals.

She smiled softly and inhaled the fresh ocean air until a figure hugged her from behind. She flinched in surprise and felt his warmth brushing against her skin.

"You're not feeling well, Mrs Park. Shall we go to bed now?" He asked as he smirked mischievously. She rolled her eyes and let him carry her bridal style to the bed. He laid her on it gently before hovering on top of her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck before pulling him into a sweet kiss. He grinned and laid down next to her. He pulled her into a cuddle and they both fell into a deep slumber together.