fourteen

The day of Heeseung and Areum's wedding finally arrived. Daeun took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror. She held her contact lenses carefully and tried to insert one into her right eye.

The doorbell rang, making her jump in surprise. She accidentally poked her eye and screamed in pain.

Who the hell rang my doorbell?!

She stormed to the entrance door and saw Sunghoon already in his tuxedo. She wanted to admire his handsomeness but frowned when only her left eye was available.

"I feel like killing you right now," she spat and left him at the doorway. He walked in and sighed, "We're going to be late. How come you're not ready yet?"

"I was going to! Until you rang the doorbell and scared me. I poked my eye."

He couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. He followed her to the bedroom and examined her vanity table. He picked up the lens case and said, "Let me help you."

She sighed and showed him her right eye which was still in pain. He leaned closer and blew into it slowly. She flinched when she felt his warmth against her eye and held his chest to keep her balance.

"Is it still in pain?" He asked in his soft voice. She shook her head, "No. Thanks."

"I'll wait in the living room," he said before leaving her alone in the room.

After a few minutes, she walked out and showed him the dress that she was wearing. "How do I look?" She asked as she spun around.

He stood up from the couch and grinned, "Perfect."

They both walked to the entrance door until she remembered something. "Wait!" She grabbed his arm. He gave her a confused look and waited for her to continue.

"We have to kiss each other right?"

The question made him blush. He cleared his throat and tried to hide the smile that slowly crept in. She walked closer to him and tiptoed before cupping both of his cheeks.

He closed his eyes and felt her tender lips against his. They both pulled away and immediately averted their eyes at the door.

"Let's go."

Daeun smiled at the other guests and grinned at her. She looked at the interior design of the venue in awe. Her body flinched when she felt Sunghoon bringing her arm to link with his. He caressed her hand and smiled at the other guests that greeted him.

"Sunghoon is that you?!" The groom's father exclaimed happily. The male doctor nodded, "Nice to see you, Mr Lee. You're looking healthier than ever."

"Thank your dad for sending me those health supplements. I've been using it every day," he said and finally averted his attention to Daeun. His eyes widened, "Wait, Daeun-ah. You're Sunghoon's date?"

"She's my girlfriend, Mr Lee," Sunghoon said, beating Daeun who was about to say something. She tried to hide the warm red shade that started forming on her cheeks.

Mr Lee excused himself to go talk to the other guests. Daeun leaned closer to the man next to her to whisper, "This wedding is really grand. You can see that the son of a politician is getting married here."

"All of this was prepared by Heeseung's parents. His job was just to find the right suit and wedding cake," he explained.

She chuckled and looked around until her eyes caught Bina and her mother who was glaring at her. Her eyes instantly widened in shock when she saw Doyun walking toward Bina.

They both whispered to each other while keeping their eyes fixed on Daeun. She nervously tightened her grip around Sunghoon's arm and looked away.

The male doctor looked at her out of worry, "Is anything wrong?"

"Why the hell is Doyun here?"

He frowned and glanced at the man next to Bina. Doyun was smirking and waved at the doctor as soon as they made eye contact. Sunghoon wrapped his arm around Daeun's waist before kissing her head.

Doyun's smirk soon turned into a frown as he watched the fake couple walk away.

"Dad, look," Jiah pointed at Daeun who was sitting next to Sunghoon. They both were talking about something as they kept their eyes fixed on the altar. Jake narrowed his eyes and glanced at Edlyn, "Is that the girl you were talking about?"

"Yes!" His wife exclaimed happily and they all continued peeking secretly. Jay and Daera who were sitting behind them frown, "Can you all face to the front? You're distracting us."

Daera frowned at her niece, "Sim Jiah, it's not nice to peek at other people."

"But Uncle Sunghoon is finally getting a girlfriend!"

Jay scoffed as he held his son closer to his chest, "Yeah and we don't know when that is going to last. Probably two weeks?"

His wife turned around and sighed, "But isn't that the president's daughter? Sunghoon is going to get into a lot of trouble if he messes with her. I mean, have you seen her father?"

"Wanna bet?" Jake smirked mischievously. "For what?" Edlyn scowled.

"If they will end up or not."

"I don't think Uncle Sunghoon will end up with her. She's too good for him. He will just mess up and then go out with another girl," Jiah's words surprised all of them.

Edlyn immediately stood up and held her hand, "Let's go meet Aunty Areum, shall we?"

She glared at Jake before mouthing, "What did you teach our daughter?!"

Jake shrugged and watched as his wife brought their daughter out of the wedding hall.