Closure(snippet)

Just a random idea, nothing but writer's imagination.

Happy reading!

Virat-Rohit

........

"are you two still cordial even after the shift of captaincy?", asked one of the reporters in the press conference.

"why wouldn't we?", asked Rohit, lifting one of his eyebrows in a mocking manner.

"we have heard a lot of instances of tension between you two, the rift after the world cup", stuttered the reporter a bit, averting his eyes after feeling Rohit's intense gaze on him.

Rohit's face hardened for a second, everytime someone reminded him of the uncalled rift, all the bad memories came rushing back.

They indeed had a fight over it, an unusually big one, both Rohit and Virat had said a few things, they never meant. The anger and hurt had taken control over the matter. He didn't know when the conversation turned heated or who started it in the first place, all he remembers is the excruciating pain in his heart when Virat stormed out of the dressing room that day.

They didn't talk for a while, both of them longing for their best friend, wanting to apologise for everything, the extreme guilt trapping in them but somehow the large distance created between them couldn't be filled.

It took the entire team's and their wives efforts to get them to one place, lock them in and threaten to only open when everything sorted out.

No one could take them ignoring each other's eye contacts, keeping the conversations formal and only when needed. They couldn't see the long, brooding faces of their bhaiyas.

Virat and Rohit kept quiet, awkwardly sitting opposite to each other wanting to say sorry for everything but the words would just not come out.

"Virat..", Rohit cleared his throat, after collecting every bit of confidence inside him.

"I'm sorry", both of them blurted together.

As they reunited that day, the heavy burden finally realising in form of tears which they had kept at bay for so long.

Both of them trying to comfort each other while collecting their own broken pieces.

But everything feels good when you're best friend is with you, doesn't it?

They never bought up that argument ever after that, both of them did not want to recall the haunting memories but with the media constantly trying to get some masala for their useless trp, they were indeed asked questions about it and everytime they had lied that nothing of that sort ever happened.

"char saal ho gaye us baat ko aur aap log abhi tak pakad ke bait ke ho. We did not have any argument, we are on absolutely good terms, I don't even know where these nonsense rumors actually start. Maybe it's one of you to get some attention to your media sources", Rohit chuckled darkly as he answered simultaneously taunting them.

It may seem he was okay but Virat could look right through his stoic exterior that he was trying to keep his voice steady, his heartbeats in control and his expressions neutral.

It was Virat usually who dealt with such questions and he had learned to efficiently dodge them but with Rohit, he still needed to learn.

Virat also knew that them constantly trying to avoid bringing it up wasn't doing any good.

They needed a closure.

.
.
.
Heya here's something every random, I hope you guys enjoyed it.

I am not exactly considering writing the second part because sometimes unfinished endings are better endings but do tell me if you want me to write a continuation to this.

All the love.