Between The Two 3

Virat sat motionless outside the OT as they waited for Rohit's doctor to give further information on his health.

Seeing him bleed for those 20 minutes were the most painful moments of his life.

The sheer amount of blood made him feel nauseous. The look of scrutinizing pain and him gasping for air was enough for him to yell at everyone to hurry up and do something almost traumatising and scaring the hospital staff.

His hands and tshirt was stained with blood, Rohit's blood and it made him guilty of not being able to do anything for his best friend.

Somebody had the courage to stab him with a knife inside the hotel. Rohit somehow made his way towards them, what if he couldn't have been able to? What if he bleed and nobody saw him?

Virat could have lost him forever and the thought enough choked him.

Virat was going to kill the bastard responsible for this with his bare hands.

As million thoughts raced through his head, one specific image refused to leave his mind.
The image of Mahi bhai looking at Rohit as if he didn't mean anything to him.

Nobody even looks at a stranger with no emotions on their face in such situations.
Virat wouldn't let Rohit suffer alone anymore.

"Virat did you check the news." Jaddu spoke urgently.

Virat shook his head in negative when Jaddu thrusted his phone into his hand.

'Pramodh Bijlani, the chief selector of the selection committee and his son, Aryan Bijlani caught into money laundering scandal.

Evidences of exchange of money from players to his bank account have been released to the press.

Bijlani used to take money to make entrance into the national team easier and if refused, ruined the careers forever.

An enquiry has been set by bcci to look into the matter while he's forced to resign from his position.

Also read, Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma separating soon?

Jaadu, tona aur vashikaran ke liye yaha sampark kare'

Virat's hand trembled as he reread the information, still trying to take so much in at one moment.

Does Mahi bhai's sudden strange behavior have anything to do with this?
Did Bijlani create differences between them?

The doctor exited the OT and the team crowded around him as they impatiently waited for him to start speaking.

"he's okay. He did loose some blood but thankfully the cut wasn't deep enough to hurt his organs. We have stitched back the wound. He's still in a sensitive state but he'll he okay. We'll keep him in the ICU for 2 days for observation and then shift him to a private room."

"thank God. Thank you." Virat finally breathed in relief as his heartbeat finally returned to a normal pace.

"can we see him?" Jassi asked  in despair.

"you can but only one at a time. He'll regain consciousness in sometime."

The doctor patted Virat's back in empathy and left to give some privacy to the team.

Jassi leaned against Jaddu's chest as he sniffed in relief while Jadeja struggled to hold back his own tears.

Ritika who had taken the quickest flight she could, rushed towards them.

Virat engulfed her in a hug as both the siblings finally broke down.

"he's okay. He has to be."

"Mahi bhai."