Strong Spidey

I have been wanting to write about this for long but just thinking of this made me sad but I finally decided to pen it down.

❁❁❁

30th December 2022

Rohit immediately sat up straight as he reread the news again and again.

His heart stopped for a few seconds as he tried deciphering the words written.

Rishabh got into a serious car accident.

Their Rishabh! Their child was fighting for his life and none of them were with him.

He was in Maldives, Virat was in Dubai and everyone else were in their respective cities.

His phone pinged with a call from Virat and he already knew what it was about.

"Rohit." Virat whispered from the other side.

Rohit sucked in deep breath before exhaling it shakily.

"he'll be fine, he has to be." he muttered reassuringly.

"I saw the pictures, they are terrible." Virat bit his lower lip in anxiousness.

Rohit had seen the pictures too, of the car, of Rishabh and everyone time his heart thudded even louder seeing the condition of both of them.

He was constantly refreshing the news but there was nothing except the speculations the media made of how brutally injured Rishabh was.

"we have to go there." Virat spoke, this time with a little more confidence.

"on it." and the words rolled off Rohit's tongue instantly.

.......

The news spread like fire and everyone was booking the quickest flight they could to Dehradun.

Their child, their friend, their brother was not going to suffer alone.
They were not only a team on field but also off field.

One for all, all for one.

.......

"I'm sorry baba but I have to go back, Rishabh chachu is not well." Rohit kissed Sammy's hair as he hugged the little girl.

He felt horrible leaving on her birthday, they were in Maldives in the first place to celebrate it but circumstances had taken such a wild turn.

"he'll be fine right?" Rohit nodded as he smoothened her hair, "please take care of him." Sammy's eyes watered in response.

Even though they had only told her that he was midly injured, she knew it was not good seeing her parents expressions.

"can you give this to him?" she sniffed as she handed her father a 'get well soon' card that she had made.

Rohit gulped the lump in his throat as he nodded his head and took it from her before kissing her forehead.

........

Hardik held Jassi's hand on one side and Bhuvi's on another as he peaked through the window into the OT to see Rishabh lying unconscious on the table.

His body was covered with bruises and Hardik's heart sunk even further. Jassi pressed his shoulder in comfort while he himself blinked his eyes rapidly to get rid of the tears.

The doctor came out and his family and them waited in anxiousness for him to give the updates.

"he's doing okay as of now." he informed, "but we will have to refer him to Delhi or Mumbai after he's stabilized for better treatment."