Ipl Bromance

On popular demand by NatureGirl999
because it's ipl, especially mi vs rcb so it's incomplete without a jealousy os duh!
And also to distract myself from brooding on mi's loss🥲

❁❁❁

Rohit knew he was struggling from the first ball he faced and the way the wickets kept falling, it was bad.

As his wicket fell, a string of curses left his mouth, he started walking back to the pavilion. He glanced back to see Virat lifting DK to celebrate his wicket before throwing his arms around Faf.

"khush toh ese ho rha h jese match hi jeet gye ho." Rohit muttered in displeasure seeing the skinship between them.

[he's celebrating as if they have already won the match]

......

"what a leech." Rohit sulked as he watched the two hug again.

This was fourth or fifth or he had forgotten the number of times they had hugged.

He thought hugging randomly on the field in celebration was their thing.

A look of frustration crossed his face. Though he was happy that Virat was in good touch considering how the new world tournaments were lining up but this was ipl and Virat or anybody scoring runs was not good for them.

By the time the match ended he wasn't sure if he was angry on how they lost the match or seeing Virat bromancing with every single player in Royal Challengers.

......

After the match, Virat started walking towards the mi dressing room to meet Rohit and tease him about their 'never winning the first match' superstition.

He was happily skipping when his feet suddenly halted seeing the giant and HIS best friend talking in the corner quietly.
His eyes narrowed as he leaned forward to hear the serious conversation going on between them.

"dinner tonight?" Pollard suggested.

"no, I don't feel like eating today." Rohit shook his head with an apologetic smile.

"come on Rohit, it is just one match and you know we haven't won the first match in years." Pollard patted his back, "but that doesn't mean you skip dinner."

Virat agreed with all the facts but only he gets to comfort Rohit like that, he grumbled.

Virat knew how disappointed Rohit felt when he got out and even though he had celebrated his wicket howling loudly, he felt terrible for his best friend.

"Rohit your phone was ringing." Surya interrupted the conversation extending his arm towards Rohit.

"I'll see you guys at the dinner table." Rohit muttered making Pollard smile and pat his back in return before both of them walked inside.

Virat was about to walk up to him before halting in his steps again hearing the new name from Rohit's mouth, "yes Jos"

Virat frowned deeper, since when did Rohit talk outside the field with Jos?

"my charger? Oh thank God. I was wondering where I forgot it. Yeah no issues, I got one from Pollard." Rohit sighed in relief, " I know but we could have won easily if played well but anyways it is only the first match."

Virat felt straight up offended at this point, he gave Rohit that charger, how dare he forget it somewhere and why did Jos have it on first place? Did they meet behind his back? Was he being cheated on?