Between The Two(Prologue)

Rahul glanced around the room. He shifted in his place a little, the dead silence made him feel uncomfortable. Living with the Indian cricket team, he was so used to the chaos and shenanigans that this tranquility felt uneasy.

His eyes connected with Hardik who sat in the opposite corner of the room and for the first time in his life, he saw the paleness and worry ached on his face. He blinked his eyes in reassurance, silently praying that everything would he okay.
Hardik smiled weakly in return, a smile that quite didn't reach his eyes.

Jaddu, who was a warrior on most days felt defeated today. The ict was a family, they trusted each other more than the outsiders than how did this happen?
He watched the two most important members of his family falling apart and it hurt his heart that he couldn't do anything to save the dreading relationship.

Everyone in the team was affected by the change in the dynamics, the lively, fun loving ict was long gone instead it was replaced by a team who didn't even talk to each other outside the field.

Virat was probably the most affected. The two of the most important people in his life hated to even look at each other. He wanted nothing more but for them to solve their issues and reunite but it seemed even more difficult with time passing by.

The dressing room felt suffocating with the heavy tension lingering and he felt utter helpless.

The hawk like media and the fans had started to see the tension rising between the two players too and Virat knew it wouldn't be long before the news would come out bursting and that would end in utter disaster.

A shrill shout broke his contemplation. His eyes went wide when another shout followed by, the entire group rose to their feet and ran in the direction.

"if you hadn't been selfish, this wouldn't have happened." growled MS, pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

"please, you should be the last person talking about selfishness. May I remind you the match fixing accusation on you and how that ended." snarled Rohit.

They glared at each other, anger and venom dripping in their voices and hard stares.

"I'm the captain and I wouldn't think twice before benching you tomorrow." warned MS.

"of course, can't come up with a justification so threatening me cheaply." scoffed Rohit.

MS took a step ahead in fury and so did Rohit.

Virat immediately stepped between the two of them, pushing both of them away from each other.

"please for God's sake stop fighting, sit down and talk to each other like normal people." Virat pleaded, he was tired of this nonsense going on.

He needed his Rohit and Mahi bhai back. He needed Rohit to fight with him for who Mahi bhai loved more. He needed Mahi bhai to smile at them softly, to run his fingers through their hair on bad days.

What happened that they despised each other to an extent that they hated even the site of each other?

"I would rather bench myself than talk to him."

"good then, I hope to see you tomorrow on the bench from where you'll be watching the match."

Both of them huffed and walked in opposite directions.
Virat closed his eyes in tiredness and helplessness.

Jaddu and Bhuvi patted his arm and everyone else only gulped not trusting their mouth to say anything.

They didn't know what happened so suddenly that two people who could kill for each other were ready to kill each other?

They needed to find out the truth before it lead to a permanent scar.