Birthday Gone Wrong 2

Anushka eyed Devisha a bit skeptically as she decorated the cupcakes.

Sammy who was sitting beside Devisha had jumped to sit in her favourite Masi's lap as soon as she spotted Anushka and Anushka had never felt so proud.

Devisha seemed oblivious to the narrowed eyes or probably decided to kindly ignore them.

Anushka and Devisha had met a couple of times before at formal bcci events but never got time to actually spent together.

"Devisha chachi, let me do one please", Sammy made puppy eyes.

Devisha smiled as she passed the whipping cream cone and a bare cupcake to Sammy.

Sammy happily grabbed the cone and looked at Anushka as she squealed, "let's do it together, we'll write S and A"

Devisha smiled at the pair.

As Anushka was busy decorating the cupcake, Devisha cleared her throat.

Anushka glanced upwards when Devisha spoke, "Ritika talks a lot about you all the time and I can finally see why Sammy loves you so much"

Anushka kept silent, encouraging her to continue further, "you don't have to feel insecure. The place that you have in Ritika's life can never be replaced. Not me, nor anyone else"

Anushka suddenly felt embarrassed for even feeling that way, for not liking the lady who seemed actually sweet.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel that way", Anushka apologised.

"oh no it's fine. I get it, I know that feeling, I just hope you won't glare at me again that way", she laughed heartily as she waved her hand off.

Anushka smiled sheepishly as she shook her head.

Maybe she was getting why Ritika actually liked her.

The two got engaged in their conversations, the heavy tension finally lifting up.

Ritika grinned from the door where she stood. She turned her attention to Vamika, "if only your father and chachu were this sensible"

Vamika sighed in disappointment as she kept her head on Ritika's shoulder.

..........

"how dare you, Rohit Gurunath Sharma", Virat threatened as he crossed his arms.

"look Virat", Rohit took a few steps backwards.

"no you look, I was not here for one day and you are throwing these big parties for him, at your house which I'm not aware of and get to know through social media, what an absolute delight! You dedicated a post for him and what did you do for my birthday? Nothing, absolutely nothing. You didn't even get me a paach rupee ki dairy milk ", shrilled Virat as he pointed an accusing finger in his direction.

Rohit kept mum, waiting for Virat to get done, trying not to agitate him any further.

" now why are you quiet? Speak something or you have no justification to this intolerable action of yours"

"sit here first", Rohit patted the seat next to him on the bed as he sat down.

Virat glared at him harshly before he looked away.

"Virat", Rohit called out softly at his 33 year old bestfriend who was probably even more difficult than a toodler at the moment.

Virat scoffed before he stomped to sit down beside him leaving a considerable space between them indicating he's still angry.

He crossed his arms and sat stiffly trying to radiate the ' I don't care what you say, I sat down because I wanted to' energy.

Rohit almost chuckled at his antics.