Seatmates

When i say I'm obsessed with Rohit and Jaddu, I mean OBSESSED.

Also i had some time in my hand so I decided to channel my energy into the right direction and voila this os.
I hope you enjoy!

❁❁❁

India tour of Srilanka, 2009

"Jaddu stop feeling guilty." Virat ordered, "I don't want to imagine a miserable you."

"I'm not miserable." he sniffed but his words didn't seem convincing enough even to himself.

Virat sighed as he weighted down on the situation, Jaddu was debuting for India. He was finally going to fulfill his mother's dream but instead of enjoying every bit of it he was cooped in his room feeling depressed for debuting on Virat's place.

Virat had talked to Mahi bhai previously to get the insides and he had very languishly told him how Jaddu only talked to him when and if in dire need and only responded with meek 'yes sir' 'no sir'.

Virat knew he needed to do something to get Jaddu comfortable in the new team and when Virat thought of 'comfort' only one person came to his mind except Mahi bhai.

.......

"Rohit I need you to something for me."

"you crazy bastard, why are you calling me at 3 in the morning and why are you up at this time?" Rohit muttered in concern before tossing to the other side.

Virat grinned, "because I love  irritating you and what anguishes you more than waking up at ungodly hours."

"I swear to God Virat if this is one of your cheap pranks--" Rohit started furiously.

"No I really need your help this time." Virat confessed sincerely halting his shatabdi express.

"okay, what is it?" Rohit asked calmly before finally sitting and rubbing the sleep off his eyes.

"I want you to befriend Jaddu--"

"Who? Ravindra Jadeja?"

Virat scrunched his nose, he hadn't had anyone call Jaddu 'Ravindra' in years.

"yes and please call him Jaddu. He's been my friend since the U19 days. He's crazy once you get to know him but he's also like you in a way, he finds it hard to express himself and since he's new to the team, he won't speak even if he's struggling. His mother wanted him to become a cricketer and play for the country but unfortunately she passed away before you know." Virat sighed in distress.

Rohit nodded his head in understanding. He understood where Virat was coming from. He (Virat) had experienced the same with his father and he knew how tough it was.

Rohit had talked to Jaddu only a couple of times and now he felt bad for not approaching him when he looked so out of the place.

"I talked to Mahi bhai but again I think he needs someone our age to be friends with first."

"don't worry. I got you." Rohit assured, "what does he likes the most?"

"umm horses and anything horror oh he loves to talk about Jamnagar, please don't fall into his trap of 'you know what happened in Jamnagar' stories."

Rohit thought for a second or two before his eyes gleamed, "perfect, I think I know what to do, I'll keep you updated."

......

For a change Rohit was early  for the team bus.

The team flooded the lobby, some of them already creating ruckus, howling loudly (Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Irfan Pathan, Virendra Sehwag).