Maybe One Day(snippet)

Virat stared at the picture with longing eyes.

It was a picture from Sammy's fifth birthday when he had surprise visited her.

Seeing her favourite, she had leaped in his direction and that moment when he picked her up, twirling her in the air, both of them giggling, someone captured that dazzling picture which was one of his most prized possessions.

Virat sighed in defeat, that was the last time he had seen her, she would be all grown up now, 20.

Does she remember him? Does she remember how she would not even go to her baba and mumma once she found him?

Does she remember that he was her partner in crime?

Funny how tables had turned, the first time when he had held her in his arms, he had kissed her forehead lovingly with a promise to forever protect her and be by her side and now it's almost 15 years he had not seen her.

He was sure she must have grown up into a beautiful woman, her parent's kind heart and hopefully not with Rohit's forgetfulness.

In all these years he had wished nothing but to see her once, hold her in his arms and tell her, how much he had missed her that he was still her Vi chachu.

But the terror had always seized him, what if she hates him?

He was not sure if he would be able to see hate and disgust in her eyes for him and maybe he was happy in his little hypothetical world that she will always love him the same way that he would always be her favourite.