Drunken Shenanigans

"skip it, skip it." Virat cried as he held the pillow in front of his face.

Hardik quickly forwarded the part of Anushka and Ranveer being intimate from the film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'.

"it's gone?" Virat peaked from behind.

"yes."
Virat sighed in relief as he finally put the pillow down.

The team had a few days in hand before the odi series began and therefore decided to have a movie night.

When an argument broke out on which film to watch, MS suggested to pick out a chit and much to Virat's horror it was Anushka's film.

He loved Anushka in movies but he hated when she romanced with others, he understood it was her job and it was all acting at the end of the day but the thought alone made him grumble in displeasure.

"Rohit hasn't arrived yet?" MS asked worriedly as he looked at the wall clock and the thundering rain outside.

Virat's forehead crinkled in concern too, Rohit had told them that he was supposed to meet his school friends today and therefore he would be late but now it was 2 AM in the morning and he hadn't texted or called for hours.

"I dialled his number." Jaddu pointed as he held the phone to his ear level.

"hello." Rohit slurred from the other end.

Jaddu rechecked the screen to see if he had called the right number and it was indeed Rohit's.

Jaddu's eyes widened when he realised Rohit was drunk, Rohit never drank since he had an incredibly low alcohol tolerance then why on earth was he slurring?

"where are you Rohit?" he asked sternly instantly making everyone in the room worried because Sir Jadeja had for once let go of his playful demur.

"what is it? Let me talk to him." Virat lunged towards him as Jaddu put the phone on speaker.

"I'm here."

"where?"

"here." he giggled like a kid.

Virat's eyes widened when he realised the same as the other occupants of the room.

Virat had only seen Rohit drunk once and oh boy it was a task to manage him that it had sobered Virat out of his own hang over.

"Rohit where are you?" MS tried gently asking this time.

"Uhm in the garden?" he answered or rather questioned after a second or two.

"which garden?"

"dil garden garden ho gya." he sang instead.

MS hit his own forehead in helpless. Who in the fuckin world gave alcohol to Rohit?

Virat took a deep breath before asking softly, "Rohit where are you right now?"

"the hotel garden under your room."

Virat immediately sped to the balcony and Rohit was indeed beaming and waving his hands like a kid as he spun around the tree wearing an obnoxious and hideous looking----errrr raincoat.

"VIRAT CAN YOU SEE ME?" he shouted.

Virat winced as he pulled the phone a bit away from his ears before screaming back, "YES I CAN."

"no you cannot because I have worn an invisible cloak ."

Virat sighed in helplessness, when Rohit entered his Harry Potter fan era it was impossible to pull him out.

"can you still see me?"

"no I can't."

"but you just said you can see me."

"shut up Rohit."

Rohit stared at him in confusion for a second before trying to pull his shirt up.

"SHUT UP NOT SHIRT UP. JESUS CHRIST STOP IT." Virat cried in horror.

In the meantime MS and Jinks had already reached Rohit. Virat squinted his eyes to get a clearer picture of what was happening. MS seemed to be pacifying Rohit which he vehemently opposed.

Rohit ran around the garden like a kid, laughing to himself while MS and Jinks tried to catch him.

"itna tez toh saala practice mein bhi nhi bhagta." Virat snickered making Jaadu chortle in laughter as he recorded the video which he would very dearly play for Rohit the next day like a good friend he is and probably never let him forget his entire life.

[the rascal doesn't run this fast even in the practice.]

Mahi bhai somehow managed to catch him and held his arm and started dragging a sulking Rohit upstairs.

Jinks held the dripping raincoat as they had managed to successfully pull out the little kid from it who seemed fascinated from any and every thing at the moment like he had tried to pull a man's hair in the elevator and Jinks had to hold both his hand the entire way up to stop him from other mischiefs.

Seeing Virat, Rohit's eyes softened as he threw himself over him. Virat held him immediately so he doesn't loose his balance when he heard him weep.

"Rohit what happened?" Virat asked worriedly seeing him bawl.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

"it's okay calm down and tell me what happened?"

"they were taking you away and I couldn't do anything." Rohit mumbled.

"who?"

"the BMC."

"yeah righ-what?" Virat nodded before frowning in utter confusion as he pulled out of the hug and looked at him.

Rohit nodded as sniffed, "yeah they were taking away roadside pigs." he replied innocenctly.

The whole room burst out laughing with Jadeja and Hardik predictably the loudest of all even Mahi bhai couldn't help the small chuckle leaving his mouth listening to drunk Rohit.

Virat's eyes turned deadpan before he replied dryly, "too bad they didn't take you along since you look like their leader."

"are you mad at me?" Rohit wailed again as he rubbed his nose against Virat's shoulder.

"don't---don't do that you brat." Virat replied disgusted.

"okay that's enough, Rohit sit down here and let me dry your hair." Jinks sighed in tiredness.

"no I don't want to do that." Rohit protested at once and sneezed the next second.

"Rohit bhaiya please." Jassi tried this time.

"okay." he instantly sat down making everybody exhale in relief as Jinks started rubbing his hair.

Rohit was next pushed into the washroom to change his clothes and finally be tugged into the bed.

"I love you guys so much." he mumbled sleepily as MS ruffled his hair making everyone smile.

All bid them adieu as they left for their respective rooms leaving Virat alone as he got ready to sleep as well.

"Virat---"

"sleep otherwise I'm gonna chop all your hair off and make you twin with Shikhi."

"okay." he replied timidly making Virat huff in proud before the smugness disappeared," all I wanted to tell you was, there is a cockroach sitting on your head."

❁❁❁

A/n: makes no sense Ik but I was itching to write something and this is all I could muster up😭