seven

I stir in my sleep as I feel vibrations in my right pocket. After a few seconds, I groan quietly and roll on my back, opening my eyes. I blink a few times, trying to fight the sleepiness in my eyes.

"Fuckers" I mumble under my breath when I feel the vibrations again and I reach for my phone aggressively.

I bring the phone to my eyes, narrowing the slightly to see who's calling me.

Harry.

Shit. I mentally start panicking when memories from last night begin to fill my brain again and my head snaps immediately to my left.

I exhale a quiet breath at the sight of Lizzie sleeping peacefully next to me, facing me. She's curled under the covers, only her eyes and forehead are poking from it. I smile sadly at her, she looks so calm right now.

My head snaps back to the phone when it calls for the third time. I roll my eyes at Harry's name.

"Wait" I whisper quickly to the phone as I answer and stand up from the bed slowly, not wanting to wake Lizzie up.

I ignore his rambling, leaving the bedroom quietly and closing the door behind me.

"God, I said wait, Harold. It's barely 9 a.m" I grumble as I enter the kitchen.

"What the hell happened last night?" He asks with a slight panic in his voice, making me frown a little.

"I left with a girl. You don't remember? Were you that drunk, Harry?" I tease him playfully.

"I do remember, that's why I'm calling" He answers seriously.

"What do you mean?" I ask, taking a clear glass and filling it with water.

"The girl, you claim to left with, she came back with angry expression and took her friend from me, leaving the bar in rush" He I me and I almost choke on the drink. "What happened?"

"I heard something as I was leaving with the girl and..." I open my mouth to continue, but I stop when sleepy Lizzie enters the room.

"Morning" She mumbles as she approaches the kitchen counter. I raise my finger for her to wait a second.

"Are you with someone?" Harry asks shocked when he hears Lizzie's voice.

"Look, mate. I'll come for a drink later, alright? I can't talk right now" I say to him, smiling softly at sitting Lizzie.

"Okay, okay" He sighs. "But you better have a good explanation for me, Ry"

"Fine. See you later, Harold"

"See ya" He replies and ends the call.

"Morning. How you slept?" I greet the woman happily.

"Good, considering last night" She gives me a little forced smile. "I think I woke up as soon as you left the room"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Harry was worried about me, we were together last night" I inform her and she nods slowly.

"Your friend?" She tries to guess, making me laugh softly.

"Yeah, we grow up together, close since then" I share easily. "I'm gonna cook some breakfast, what would you eat?"

"Something sweet maybe? Pancakes?" She suggests and my face lifts at the idea.

"Alright, can you help with the fruits? I'll prepare the pancakes" She nods enthusiastically at my request and moves to help me.

I play some music as we cook together, enjoying the silent between us. The whole preparing time, I fight with asking about last night, but I don't want to bring bad memories and ruin her day. She seems alright considering events.