fifteen

I look down at the bouquet of asters for the last time and open the door to the hotel room.

Taylor told me to get a grip and grow some balls and finally do something I've never done before. She made me realize that I need to show Lizzie how I feel about her and stop taking it for granted, even if we're together for not so long.

I agreed with her, because she's right. I didn't do much for her, except of hanging out and mostly having sex. Taylor said that maybe she flirted with Aubrey to give me a hint about it too and unfortunately she can be right. I need to show her how much I care about her and decided to start already.

I stay in Central Park for another two hours, clearing my head more and try to think what I'll say. I also went to a flower shop and spent some time here, choosing the flowers.

And as I start opening the door, I really hope I'm not late and she'll forgive me my leaving.

I close the door behind me silently and take off my shoes. I walk in more into the room and see Lizzie sitting on the couch with her head leaning against the window. I give myself a moment to admire her beauty, because she looks gorgeous like this.

I clear my throat to gain her attention and her head snaps to me with widen eyes, clearly not hearing me entering the room. I notice her red eyes and stained cheeks and I mentally cursed myself for making her cry.

"I bought you flowers. Em... The lady from the flower shop said that they mostly mean daintiness and patience. And I really need you to be patience with me, because I'm a fucking mess, but the red means undying devotion and I'm devoted to you if you let me" I rush out quickly, fighting with my tears in my eyes. Lizzie doesn't fight them and lets the tears fall from her eyes.

"I'm sorry for leaving like this. I couldn't handle with my emotions earlier and chose to leave, because it's the only thing I'm good at" I whisper and froze in my spot as I watch Lizzie stands up and wipes her tears. She walks over to me and I'm ready for everything, but she surprises me as she wraps her arms around me neck and hugs me, nuzzling her face into the nape of my neck.

"Don't do it again" She mumbles against my skin and I wrap my arms around her waits securely, pulling her closer to me. I put the flowers on the table next to us swiftly.

"I won't" I promise her and caress her hair with my hand in a soothing manner. "I'm sorry"

"'ts okay" She whispers and kisses my neck softly.

I let a shaky breath and wipe my cheek from a single tear. Her hold is strong around me, so I move us to bed and sit up slowly, taking her on my lap. Automatically, she wraps her legs around me, making the distance between us almost nonexistent.

A chuckle leaves my mouth at her clinginess, but I tighten the hold too, not wanting her to leave my embrace just yet.

We stay like this for a while, my hand never stopping with caressing her back and hair as hers play with the hair on the back of my neck.

"Liz?" I whisper softly into the air, she hums as a sign that she listens. "The white one means purity and innocence and it suits you perfectly, don't you think?"

"Why?" She asks as she finally shifts and look at me with furrowed brows.

"Because you're the most pure and innocent person I've ever met and I want to be the best for you" I tell her truthfully with a shy smile on my face.

"Don't make me cry again or I swear to god" She threatens me tearfully and kiss her nose. She scrunches her nose and giggles adorably, making me smile.

"Bloody hell, you're the most adorable thing ever" I chuckle softly at her and she giggles again, making my heart melt.