fifty seven

July 26, 2018 Los Angeles

"So you feel like everything went well for you, yes?" Claire, my therapist, asks after I tell her about the dinner with Lizzie's family last week.

"I mean, with her parents for sure, but I still can't work out Mary-Kate. I just don't know why she hates me so much" I shrug lightly, scratching the back of my neck as she writes something in her notebook. It still gets me uncomfortable when she does it, but she explained to me in my first session that she needs to write to remember everything I say to her.

"And do you have any idea why's that?"

"Probably my past. I guess she can't just accept the fact that I changed or something"

"That's an interesting theory" She hums, accepting my answer. "Well, we can think about more on the next session. For now, I have homework for you. I know that you'll be in New York next week, I want you to try to meet up with the twins, okay? Something on neutral ground, a lunch, perhaps. If they don't want to try, you need to swallow your pride and try. Do you think you can do it?" She inquires and I nod slowly, taking in her words. I guess it's a good idea.

"I- Yeah, alright. I can do it" I agree with her and she smiles.

The session ends after that and I leave her office, driving to my house to change my clothes as I have a date with Lizzie today. Our first one after we get back together, almost a month ago. Wow.

The date is planned because as much as I love spending time with her, I push my career too much already and my publicist is really after my ass. I need to start getting into public mode again, that's why I'm flying to NY on Sunday for a WIRED interview, Jimmy Fallon and a photoshoot for Vogue. I'll be the cover of September's edition, pretty cool. So, in easier words, it's going to be a busy week. Especially if I need to fit the meeting with twins somewhere between.

So, after I shower, I put a black t-shirt with a printed design, gray pants and Gucci pull-on shoes. I also put swimming trunks and sports bra under as we're going to a restaurant at the pier and I want to take a swim later. I also grab spare underwear, some of Lizzie's clothes for her and clean towels.

I drive to the destination quickly, knowing that Lizzie is probably already waiting somewhere there

I drive to the destination quickly, knowing that Lizzie is probably already waiting somewhere there. I notice her as soon I arrive to the restaurant. She leaves her car when she sees me, shooting me a sweet grin and wave. She's dressed in white cuffed jeans and a baby blue t-shirt with stripes. The shirt is a too big for her, only because she's scared of getting pictured with a baby bump. No matter how many times I tell her that she's not showing yet. She's just really obsessed with this.

"Hi, my love" I greet her, giving her a peck on the lips. I try to pull away after a second, knowing that she's not the fan of PDA, but she cups my face and kisses me back hard. I let out a small, muffled groan at this. She giggles quietly, seeing my surprised face.

"Hey, I missed you" She breathes out and I smile amusedly at her, quirking my eyebrow playfully.

"Oh, yeah? That's why you jump on me? And besides, you saw me literally yesterday"