1

February 14, 2021 London

"Maxton Julian Clower, I hope when I come to your room I will see you dressed!" I yell loudly, finishing packing a bag in the living room.

When I don't hear any response from my 2 years old son, I sigh annoyed as I pinch the bridge of my nose before I walk to his room and open the door swiftly. Max screams in pitch tone, running from the door and jumps on the bed, covering himself with his favorite blanket.

"Max! Gramma is gonna be here any minute now. Do you really want to greet her with naked butt?" I ask the boy as I reach the bed and sit on it, pulling the blanket from his face.

He looks at me with these damn green, big eyes and I soften immediately. I can't be mad at him when he gives me such a puppy eyes. It's all Lizzie's fault.

"Sorry, mama" He apologizes and he sounds truly sorry

"That's alright, rock star. But let's dress you before mommy will see you like this and get mad at both of us, yeah?" I suggest softly and he nods with a toothy grin.

I shake my head with a chuckle as I grab the clothes for him. A simple green-ish hoodie with a dinosaur in the middle, gray pants and a pull-up diaper, because he's a bloody gremlin and doesn't want to fully use a potty.

"I sleep with gramma?" He asks as I lift him and make him stand on the mattress.

"Yeah, you're staying with gramma and auntie Charlie tonight" I confirm, pulling the diaper on his little butt.

"Why?" He whispers, starting to pout.

"Hey, none of that" I warn him, pecking his lips and making him giggle quietly when I blow a raspberry kiss on his cheek. "Me and mommy has something important to do and they don't allow babies there. But you'll be back before dinner tomorrow and I promise that you'll have ice cream for a dessert after, but you need to be good for gramma. Do we have a deal, buddy?" I question, sitting him down as I put the pants on him already.

"Yes, yes!" He exclaims, jumping on his spot from excitement and making me giggle at his response. "Strawberry ice cream?"

"Obviously" I reply in 'duh' tone and he gasps excitedly. I let out a small laugh and pull the hoodie over his head. "Oh no, where's Max?" I ask dramatically when his head stuck slightly in the hoodie.

"Mama!" He giggles at me, pushing his head upwards until I'm met with his messy, brown curls and the green eyes.

"Oh, here you are. I missed you!" I say in fake relief as I start peppering his face with kisses. He starts laughing at me, grabbing my face with his two small hands and pushing me from him.

"Mama, silly" He decides with his cheeky smile and I tap his nose playfully.

"Such a meanie" I chuckle and I reach to tap his nose again, but the door opens suddenly, making us both stop and turn our heads in the door's direction.

My heart misses a beat when I see Lizzie on the doorway. She's in a maxi, dark green shirt dress, it looks so simple, but yet so beautiful. A smile creeps on my face at the sight of my girlfriend.

"Mommy!" Max shouts at her and she smiles widely, approaching the boy. She lifts him in her arms and presses a kiss on his cheek. "You pretty"

"Oh, thank you, baby boy" She grins, kissing him again before she looks at me. "Alice is here already. Go get dress and I'll handle him" She tells me and I nod, standing up from the bed and approaching them.

"You look amazing, my love. Can't wait for tonight" I mutter to her ear and kiss her on the check on the way. She blushes at my words with a shy smile, her eyes shine under the compliment.