twenty nine

January 28, 2018 New York

"Perry, look this way!"

"Perry, turn to the right!"

"Give us a smile!"

Screams of photographers have been continuing since I stepped on the red carpet almost a minute ago.

I'm currently in New York for the 60th Annual Grammy Awards. Being nominated for 4 categories this year, which gives 14 nominations in my entire career. And one Grammy for my song with Harry Styles from the last album.

I got to wear a personal project for this event from fashion designer, Johnson Hartig, the co-founder of clothing line, Libertine.

I enjoy this suit very much, it's colorful with a lot of different patterns. I like wearing clothes like these, especially for events. I never wanted to be known for boring, plain clothes and I think I'm doing alright.

I give a wave, smiling softly and putting the white rose inside my blazer, only leaving the flower on view

I give a wave, smiling softly and putting the white rose inside my blazer, only leaving the flower on view. I swirl the rose and pat it twice before I return to posing.

The lady at the end of the carpet shows me to move, ending my time, so I show a peace sign as I always do at the end of red carpets and leave the photo wall. The interviewer waves at me when I pass by him, so I smile and approach him.

"Hi, hello, thanks for coming here!" He exclaims excitedly to me.

"Hello, honestly, it's my pleasure" I tell him honestly, he looks like a good person to give an interview.

"Perry Clower everyone, congratulations on your album and the song queen of broken hearts being at the top of the charts for weeks around the whole world. This album did better than the last one, how are you feeling about it?" He asks, gesturing with his free hand.

"I'm so happy about it, ya know? Like, I love my previous album, of course I do, but that one was recorded freshly after my graduation. It did give me experience for this one and I think you can hear the difference" I explain truthfully, trying to give my fans an answer they'll like. "I also played a lot more with songs, I wanted to be more fun to listen to and I'd like to think I did a good job. I mean after all, I'm nominated for so many categories, it's crazy!" I laugh out, earning a small chuckle from him too.

"Yes you are! You said it beautifully by the way, I love how much passion I can hear in your voice! It's amazing!"

"Thank you, I really appreciate it" I smile gracefully as I slip my hand through my hair. They're combed back with style gel and they're barely touching my shoulders.

"I didn't see anyone with you as your plus one" He points out and I hum. "Did you come alone tonight?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I'd love to have my mom with me here, but with her work it was impossible" I say sadly.