seventy six

January 3, 2019 Los Angeles

"God, wake the fuck up!" I hear an angry voice above me and feel a hard smack at my back.

"Fuck!" I groan and turn my head to my right, wanting to see who the fuck hit me, but I'm met with the panicked face of my girlfriend holding her stomach tightly. I immediately lift myself and sit on my knees, rubbing my eyes from sleepiness. "Elizabeth, what's wrong, love?"

"I-I wake up to pee, but t-then just..." She starts to stutter, so I stand up from the bed to come closer, but then I see the wet spot on her pants, making my eyes go wide.

"Your water broke" I cut in her rambling and she nods her head frantically.

"That's what I'm fucking try to tell you!" She yells and I look dumbfound at her. She was fucking rambling, not telling me anything, but whatever. She's in labor, she can do whatever she wants right now. "God! I can't believe that I'm about to push your child from my stomach and you act like an idiot!" She continues to yell and I really need to bite my tongue to not say anything back to her, but ouch.

"Okay, okay! I understand, you're in pain, just relax and let me to do everything. The bag is already downstairs, do you need a help to change your clothes?" I ask her, putting on some pants as I was only sleeping in a t-shirt and boxers.

"Why would I need to change the clothes? I'm going to deliver a baby, not to a fucking fashion show!" She shouts, pacing around the room, making me dizzy a little. I walk over and grab her arms, stopping her.

"I know, but your pants are wet and you won't forgive me if I let you go like that. And for fuck's sake, please stop walking like this. Let's change quickly, okay?" I say and she glares at me like she'd like to kill me for even thinking about talking back to her, but after a moment, she nods. I let a breath of relief when I see her stopping with the nervous movements. I run to our walk-in closet and grab clean leggings and underwear and quickly go back to her. "Let me help" I whisper and kneel in front of her when she nods.

Slowly, I pull down her pants along with panties and she holds my shoulders to help herself with taking them off. Then I help her put on clean clothes and stand up from the floor, pulling up the pants.

"All set. C'mon, let's go" I murmur and grab her hand, leading her downstairs. Being very careful on the stairs.

I grab the bag and lead us into the garage. I throw the bag into the backseat and help Lizzie gets into the passenger seat. Then, I open the garage doors and get into the car. When we drive off, I call the hospital and inform them that we're on our way there.

Only then, I have time to notice the time. Fucking 4 a.m, she really couldn't choose a better time for getting into a labor. I sigh tiredly as I look briefly at Lizzie, who's holding her stomach with a worried expression. I know why she's so anxious, it wasn't supposed to happen for almost another 3 weeks. This is earlier than doctors planned for her and knowing how Lizzie's brain works, she probably already started spiraling with bad thoughts and the worst scenarios of what can happen.

I grab her hand from her stomach and bring it to my mouth, placing a lingering kiss on the back. She tries to snatch it from me, but I tighten my grip.

"Elizabeth, I know what you're thinking right now, but everything is gonna be fine. The doctors said that it's very common for women not to make it to their due date. Please don't overthink it, it only can make it worst" I try to calm her, brushing my lips against her knuckles.

"Y-You don't know that" She cries out softly, making my eyes to glisten with tears. I hate how vulnerable she sounds right now. "It's still so early"

"You're almost 37 weeks long, so it's good. And remember, our kid is a bloody fighter, he'll be just fine" I mumble comfortingly, turning the car to the hospital. "Besides, at least we'll meet our son sooner" I joke and she lets out a watery chuckle.