thirty five

When we got back home yesterday, it was already after 1 p.m, so we went straight to the bed and fell asleep in each other's arms.

Then, we ate breakfast in bed and took a bath together.

But now, we're sitting on the bed, I rest with my back against the bed's headboard with Lizzie between my legs. She's sitting with crossed legs and playing with her fingers on her lap as I brush her hair gently and finish talking about the situation from yesterday.

"God, I'm so sorry Perry. I can't believe he just flew to the other country just to mess with you again" Lizzie mumbles angrily and I smile shyly as I hum in agreement. "I don't encourage hitting people, but he got what he deserved. Like honesty, what did he think will happen after showing up to you twice?!" She exclaims, being so pissed off and turning her head slightly to look at me.

"Lizzie calm down, love" I tell her pushing her head back, so I can continue the brushing. "I love that you're supporting me. But I'm still sorry about how your birthday went. I really wanted for you to have a good time and I wanted to make amends with your sisters" I murmur and she nods slightly at my words.

"Don't worry about it, baby. It's not your fault" She gives me a reassuring squeeze on my knee. "And with the twins, I really don't care about it anymore. Ash is fine, but MK's getting on my nerves by now. I don't care about her opinion, I'm happy"

"I'm happy too, darling" I say happily, kissing the back of her head lovingly. "Now, you want one braid or two?"

"Two, please" She replies sweetly and I can only imagine the adorable smile on her face. "Tell me something about your college years. You never told me about them too much and I'm curious" she requests and I take a couple of moments to think.

"Well, it was definitely hard. Being alone in a new country, but I focused on music and just kept going" I tell her, parting her hair in two and start creating the first braid. "And then, I got in touch with Harry again. We started hanging out more as he was often around San Francisco because of One Direction. I remember how happy I was when we hung out for the first time after two years, god" I chuckle at the memories of Harry and me in some frat party.

"I'm happy that you had him as a kid and as a young adult. He's a great friend"

"Yeah, he's the best" I agree easily with her words. "Honestly, I'm more curious about your college years. I might have googled you some time ago and I saw some photos of young Lizzie. You look bloody wild" I tease her and she groans, hiding her face in her palms and making me laugh.

"Fuck me, I hate how many photos of me from college ended up online" She grumbles annoyed and I giggle. I put the hairband on the finished braid and start another one. "I don't know what to tell you. I liked good parties and having fun with my friends. I was often so fucking high, I have no idea how I stopped smoking so easily" She reveals and I gasp in shock.

"No way! You are a smoker?! I didn't know that!" I exclaim surprised and laugh loudly at her.

"I was a smoker! I don't smoke anymore!" She corrects me and I mumble a quiet 'whatever'. "But yeah, it was a fun time. Did you know I spent a semester in Russia?"

"I didn't. Did you learn something important, Elizabeth?" I ask teasingly as I finish the other braid. "I finished, my love" I inform her, patting her thigh softly.

She hums happily as she turns around and crawls onto my lap. In instinct, I rest my palms on her hips and she wraps her arms around my neck, playing with my baby hair on the back of my neck.

"It helped me a lot with my acting skills, sure. But I think I've never drunk that much vodka in my life as I've drunk during these months" She giggles and I snort.