twenty one

October 30, 2017 Atlanta

"So, miss Olsen, can you tell me your symptoms?" Doctor Brown asks as she sits on the chair behind her desk.

Yesterday, Lizzie called a doctor and got an appointment for the next day.

And today is this day, so that's why we're sitting inside the doctor's office. Lizzie asked me to come with her as her moral support and I happily agreed to be there for her.

"I'm peeing like twice as much as before and it hurts slightly during. Also, it hurts during sex, even if it's just a finger" She tells the doctor and I choke on my spit slightly at her blunt respond. She shoots me a 'are you serious' look and I mumble a quiet 'sorry' embarrassed. She shakes her head with a sigh and looks back at the doctor, who's writing the answer in her file.

"So, you are sexually active, correct?" She asks and Lizzie nods. "More than one partner?"

"No. I have one partner for the last few months" She says and the doctor hums, writing it down.

"Are you using any protection during the sex?"

"I'm on birth control right now. Earlier we were using condoms"

"When the change happen?" The doctor asks quickly and I bite my tongue, not liking where the conversation is going.

"Two months ago" Lizzie replies and I smile a little at the memories. It was a very good night.

"Did your partner check themselves for any possible diseases before you stop using condoms? Or is it a possibility that they could have some venereal disease?" She asks again and I can feel Lizzie's eyes on me. Reluctantly, I look at her and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Did you?" She pushes for my answer, but the doctor cuts in before I can reply.

"You're the other partner, yes?" I nod at her and she hums again. "Well then, are you sure that you don't have any disease?"

"I mean..." I trail, trying not to sound too irresponsible. "I don't have 100% certainty, I suppose, but my last results were clear"

"And did you have any other sexual contact before you start having sex with miss Olsen?" Lizzie's eyes burn a hole in my body and I gulp slightly.

"I did, yes. Two times" I reply quietly.

"With protection? In this case, I mean only condoms if it was sexual intercourse" She asks for clarification and I sigh.

"One time was with a condom, the second I don't remember, I was drunk, but I think?" I mumble out my response.

"Seriously?" Lizzie groans beside me and I look at her apologetically.

"In that case, I'd recommend testing both of you right now and then we can talk more about any possibility of treatment if it'll be needed. I'm going to need a urine sample from both of you and we'll have results after two days. I'll schedule you an appointment already, the nurse will tell you all details" The doctor informs us and we both nod.

We leave the office in silent, I don't dare to speak to her first, letting her think about everything. After serious situations, I noticed that Lizzie needs a moment to think about it and doesn't like to be disturbed and I understand it. That's why I'm giving her time right now, because I know I fucked up and maybe we both will pay the price for this. Though, the silent doesn't help with my nerves, because if I give her something, I don't know what will happen to us.

It was supposed to be a week full of fun and sex between us.

Bloody hell.

We both give a urine sample and Lizzie talks with the nurse, while I'm standing behind her like a kicked puppy. After their talk, she starts walking to the exit, putting a cap on her head. I put my sunglasses on my nose and follow her to the car. She sits in the driver seat and I debate for a second to sit in the backseat, but decide against it. She'd only get more mad at me, so I sit next to her.