Chapter 38

******Dinah's POV******

"I-I-I trusted her with ev-everything. How could she do this to me?" I cried into my pillow as Ally rubbed my back. "Oh sweetheart, it's nothing to be ashamed of" Ally said. She moved forward on my bed, crossing her legs. "Look at me Dinah" she said soothingly, making me immediately turn to face her. "You have nothing to be ashamed of. A lot happened to you and it hurt you, and that's okay. It was okay to need help then, and it's okay to need help now" she said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Sh-She still betrayed me" I cried into Ally's lap. "We don't even know if Mila said anything" Ally said, and I sat my head in her lap. "I love that girl and I trusted her. Do you know how hard it was to trust and love again after Brooke? I didn't trust anyone. I still have a hard time. I put my in my heart, and she used me" I ranted as the tears flowed freely from my face. "Shhh, it's gonna be okay sweetie" Ally sat me up and held me.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Dinah?" she called, "Baby, can we please talk?"Camila called out. I looked up at Ally, silently asking her to open the door. Camila walked in slowly, just standing in front of me. "Well...?" "I'm so sorry Dinah" she said, just looking at her feet.

I just sat on the edge of the bed, looking at my feet. "I just want to tell you to leave me be...but at the same time, I want you to hold me close..." I said, looking the ground. "Dinah, I didn't tell anyone. I swear to you that I didn't. I would never betray you like that" Camila pleaded. I looked up and her, not saying anything. "Please" she said.

She dropped down to both of her knees in front on me, grabbing both of my hands gently. "Look at me Dinah. Please" she said. I slightly lifted my head, staring into her deep brown eyes. And when I looked into her eyes....I saw a flash of Brooke. I saw her again, dying in my arms as the sun set. And I felt the tears start streaming.

"Don't leave. Please don't leave" I begged, seeing Brooke through Camila. "Shhh, it's okay. Can I hold you?" she asked timidly, and I just pulled her to me. "I'm here, I'm not going anywhere" she cried on my shoulder and kissed my forehead. "Dinah, I need you to listen very carefully. I have something to tell you" she said slowly. I sat up, looking in her eyes. "It's time you know the truth" she said, "Dinah....."

*****Camila's POV******

"Dinah.....we're in danger. And after I tell you this, you will be to" I said. She looked a little nervous, "Okayyyy?" "Lauren, mani, and I have been recieving anonymous messages and they're asking for money or revealing our secrets" I said. "How much money?" she asked. "Too much that could go to our families, babe. I think $1,000,000?"

"Is that why the thing keeps happening at the concert? And how my wristband....." she trailed off, looking off into the distance. "Hey! Look at me, boo" I said, gently tapping her cheek. "Sorry, still a trigger" she shrugged, and I just kissed her cheek. "It's okay. But this Anon is not. We need to figure out who the hell he is right now".

"Is he responsible for Ally's secret?" she asked, and I nodded. "That's why Lo and I went to New York, to interrogate one of the people there that night. The oldest of the group, 'The Godfather'" I explained. "So you weren't cheating on me?" she asked for the third time tonight. "No, I didn't. Because I love you and only you" I said, kissing the top of her hand and making her blush.

We stayed up for the next three hours, going through the book that Lauren and I put together. It was the group of the little information we had, all the possible members, and all the possible people we thought Anon could be.

"Babe, it can't be Austin. He's in prison and honestly, he isn't bright enough to do this" Dinah said, about to draw a red X in sharpie over his picture. "But D" I started as I sat in her lap, "He is cousins with Simon Mohos, an evil genius.As long as he is on there, then so is Austin" I said. "What about Francis and Jake?" I said, Dinah's arm tensing up around me. "Babe?"

I turned and looked at her, her body shaking under me. "Dinah, look at me baby" I said, gently cupping her hands in my face. "NO! PLEASE NO!" she screamed, clenching her eyes shut. "Dinah,its me. It's Camila. Karla. Chancho" I said, but she just tried to move out of my hold. "Dinah! Please baby" I begged, and then it only got worse.

She was screaming and kicking, her eyes closed the entire time. I heard people start to run in, and then I saw her Aunt Claire. "What the hell happened?" she asked, helping my hold Dinah down. "I triggered a flashback, I'm sorry" I said, getting kicked in the stomach.

"Hold on, stay there Camila" her Aunt said. She slid her hand on Dinah's collarbone, pinched in one area, and the Dinah stopped moving. "What the hell....?" I gasped as I stood up next to an unconscious Dinah. "Relax. She's not knocked out, she's sleeping. Technique I learned in my worldly studies. Help me up her in bed now" she said. We lifted Dinah to our bed and tucked her in.

"You're not a bad kid Camila. You're trying with her, and that's good. She needs someone by her side, especially after all she's been through. Remember, she will fake being strong, so learn how to read her" her aunt said, patting my shoulder and leaving us alone. I just sat there, facing her, journal in my hands.

"Hey Camz" I heard a voice say, and I turned to see Lauren. "Come in Lo" I said, and she came and sat next to me. "Are you guys okay?" she asked me. I didn't say anything. I was too focused on scribbling notes into the journal. "Camz" she said, gently laying her hand on top of mine, "Put the journal down". She slowly took the book and pen from my shaky hands.

"We have to stop him, he can't hurt Dinah. I'm not letting him hurt Dinah. When we find this guy, we're killing him" I said. "Camz, relax babe. It's gonna be ok-" I cut her off screaming. "No! It's not okay. This fucker is threatening our lives and that's not okay with me" I yelled. And then I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. "You wanna see me, huh? Your wish is my command, princess" I got from Anon.

And then all the power went off on the bus. "What the hell is going?" Lauren yelled, looking at her phone...and she instantly turned paler. "Normani? Normani, where are you?!" Lauren yelled, running out of the room. "Lo! Lauren, stop!" I yelled, but she just kept going. I ran over to Dinah, shaking her shoulders. "Wake up baby, wake up" I whisper-yelled. "W-what's going on?" she said. "I don't have time to explain, but someone's on the bus and we're in danger". I locked our door and sent a text telling the other girls to lock theirs and stay together.

I laid in bed and held Dinah, planning to use my pen as a weapon. "We're gonna be okay" Dinah said as she held me. "I love you". I got a text from Lo, saying "Hide. I hear footsteps." I pulled Dinah to her feet, "We gotta get in the closet babe". So we got in there, me sitting on Dinah's lap and hiding my head in her neck. I heard a loud bang, one after another, making me shake. "It's gonna be okay" she said, kissing the back of my neck. And then I heard a blood curdling scream, followed by a text.

"Anyone call the cops, and I will kill these two" he sent, with a picture of Mani and Lauren holding each other and crying.