Chapter 9

*****Lauren's POV*****

She hates me, she fucking hates me. I knew if I told her something like this would happen. I should've known she would push me away. She's scared of me now, and there was nothing I could do about it. "I'm sorry Mani, please don't shut me out. Please mani". She didn't respond, and it only made me try harder to talk to her. "Mani! Open the door! We need to talk about this" I cried. "Leave me alone Lauren, I don't want to see you. Don't you get that!?" she snapped, and that broke me completely.

I felt arms wrap around me and pull me away from her door, but I wanted to talk to Normani. Whoever was holding me had taken me into Caminah's bedroom. "It's gonna be alright Lo" I heard Dinah say, pulling me into her. I rested my head on her shoulder, letting out all the emotion I was currently feeling. I was heartbroken, frustrated, and angry. I was so mad at myself for falling in love with her. For using Tony to try to forget her. I was just going through unbearable pain right now. I'm just glad I had great friends like Dinah who were trying to help me through it.

*****Dinah's POV*****

"Shhh, I got you Lo" I said, pulling her into my lap. I rocked her back and forth slowly and gently while she cried, calming her down one minute at a time. I remembered what it was like being heartbroken after the girl I loved left me. I was a mess after Brooke died. I honestly didn't know if I was gonna make it without her in my life. But I knew she would want me to go on and be happy, so I kept on with my life and found Camila. Now it was my turn to be Lauren's guide through the pain, and to make sure she didn't do anything that could hurt herself.

When she was calmed down to just sniffles, I tried to talk to her. "You weren't ready to tell her, were you Lo?" I asked, though the answer was obvious. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm such a fucking idiot and I alw-" I cut off her degrading rant. "Hush Lauren, none of that is true. You're beautiful and smart and there is nothing wrong with you. You can't tell your heart what to choose, it just happens. And although it seems like it's the end now, it's really the beginning of a new chapter". I tried to come up with the best advice I could, but the "advice" thing was usually all ally.

Lauren just nodded into my chest, tears still silently streaming down her face. "Dinah?" she said. "Yeah?" "Can you do something for me?" "Anything you need Lolo. What is it sweetheart?" "Can you hit me on the head until I forget this. I don't want to remember this pain. It hurts so much" she said as she started to tear up again. "I'm sorry Lo, I can't do that. You need to remember this, and remember that there is always a rainbow after the rain". "This feels like a damn hurricane DJ" she whimpered.

I just pulled her close to me as she started to break down again. "Aww, my poor baby" I said, kissing her temple. "Why does it have to hurt so bad?" she cried, and she sounded broken. I've never seen Lauren like this. Sure, I've seen her cry before but not like this. Her usually vibrant and bright green eyes were a dull and dark gray. She was in pain; physical, mental, and emotial pain. "I promise you it will get better" I whispered to her.

After about another half hour of crying, she started yawning. "You tired lolo?" I questioned, but her droopy eyes gave in away. "Yeah" she yawned. "Go ahead and rest, I got you" I said, pulling a small blanket off my bed and wrapping it around her shoulders. I hummed to her and rocked her into she fell asleep. Once I knew she was asleep, I carefully lifted her and carried her to her bed. I laid her down gently and tucked her in, placing a kiss on her forehead, and then walking out of her room.

The minute I turned around, I saw Camila leaning on the wall smirking at me. "What?" I asked, genuinely confused. "You're gonna be such a great mom, Dinah. You handled that so well baby" she said, moving to wrap her arms around my waist. "You think so?" She nodded, and then leaned in and pressed her lips to mine. When we pulled away, we had our foreheads pressed together, rubbing our noses together in eskimo kisses. "I love you" I said. "I love you too Cheechee". "Should we go try and talk to Normani?" I asked, and Mila nodded in agreement.

*****Normani's POV*****

I felt a knock against the back of the door. "Go away Lauren!" I yelled, but it wasn't her. "Manibear, it's not Lauren. It's Mila and Dinah" I heard Camila say. "Can we come in?" I heard Dinah then say. "Please, just leave me alone. I just want to be alone right now" I cried. I didn't want to see anyone right now, not even my best friends. Honestly, I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

I was a fucking mess, and I didn't want the girls to see me like this...ever. I hated the fact that I had hurt Lauren so bad, but I just didn't know how to react. I was just scared, and I still am scared. "Normani, we just want to talk sweetheart". "Please let us in mani" I heard Camila say, and it reminded me of Lauren say the same thing. But all I did was push her away.

I decided I couldn't shut anyone else out, so I opened the door and let them in. We all sat on the bed together, "What's going on mani?" I looked down at my hands folded in my lap, "I hate myself". "Why?" Dinah asked, wrapping her arm around my shoulders. "I hurt Lauren, I never meant to hurt her. I'm a terrible person" I cried, and I was immediately pulled into a hug by Caminah. "Listen to us mani" Camila said, making me look at her. "You are not a terrible person, you were just scared sweetie. But you shouldn't have pushed Lauren away. She's still your friend" Dinah said, letting me rest her head on my shoulder. "You guys need to talk or this will ruin your friendship" Camila continued.

"I'll talk to her, but I just can't do it right now. Maybe after the break?" I said. "Okay, but you need to talk to her now and explain yourself, or she'll think you hate her" Dinah said. "I could never hate my little Laurenza, I love her". "We know that" Camila started, "But Lauren doesn't". "I'll go see her now" I said, and then walked to her room.

I saw the door was cracked open, so I slowly poked my head through. "Lauren?" I said, but I got no response. I walked in and saw her holding a pillow and crying in her sleep, whispering "I'm sowwy mani". It hurt to see her like this, so sad and broken. I got down on my knees next to her and ran my fingers through her hair, "I'm sorry too Lauren. This is not your fault. I should've just talked to you". I leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead, and whispered "I love you, Lauren".

With that said, I left the room to finish packing for our flight tonight.