Chapter 26

******Lauren's POV*****

I just sat there motionless as I felt her lips leave mine. She looked up at me and waited for my reaction, but I didn't know what to do. "Lo? I didn't mean t-" I cut her off by saying "Shut up" and crashing my lips back into hers. It was slow and passionate, her hands running up and down the sides Of my body. "Mmmm, mani" I said through the kiss, "We have to stop". "Why?" she said, continuing to kiss up and down my jawline.

"Mani, I'm serious" I said, pulling back completely. She looked at me with a concerned look, "Did I do something wrong?" I got out of her lap and grabbed her hand, "Come on, we're going on a walk". She got up and put on her jacket, following me outside the hospital and to a bench. "Sit" I said, and she sat down next to me.

"You wanna tell me why you suddenly have a change of heart?" I asked, looking at the ground. "Lauren, I j-" I cut her off. "Think very carefully about what you say to me, Normani. Like literally, you've got me fucked up right now" I said still looking at my feet. "Lauren, I didn't. I don't....I just-". "Spit it out Normani!" "Can you shut the hell up and let me talk?!" she yelled, and I looked at the ground.

"Lo, I'm sorry" she said, "Please look at me". She got in front of me on both of her knees, holding my hands in hers. "Lauren please, I didn't mean to yell. I'm just having a hard time with this. I went to my church and that just said so many bad things about homosexuality, and I just.... I couldn't stay there. Over the break, I had to deal with things about myself that I couldn't live with. And, I just can't deny how I feel anymore".

She put her hand on my chin gently, making me look into her eyes. "Lauren, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I hurt myself because I hurt you. And I know I will be hurting both of us if I deny how I feel". She looked at the ground, and then back up at me. "I know now that I like you more than I friend. And I wanna try this, us, out. I care about you Lo, and I will do my absolute best to make you happy. With that said, will you go on a date with me Lauren?" she asked.

It was so cute, seeing her looking all nervous about my answer. I wasn't really sure, so I just decided to wing. I grabbed her face between my hands and brought her lips to mine. I don't wanna sound cliche, but I felt the butterflies in my stomach when I kissed her. And you won't believe what happened next. It started to rain, and I was totally for kissing this girl in the rain. When we pulled apart, I had my forehead rested against hers.

I stood up and she wrapped her arms around my waist, mine around her neck. We just looked into each other's eyes for a while, and then she spoke up. "My hair, it's gonna frizz like crazy" she said, making me giggle a little. "Can you promise me something Mani?" I said, and she nodded. "Don't break my heart". "I will never hurt you. And if I do break it, I'll spend the rest of my life trying to put it back together".

I laid my head on her shoulder, whispering "That's exactly what I wanted to hear".

*****Camila's POV*****

I was still awake, I just couldn't sleep. I had to make sure Dinah was going to be okay. I was currently humming "kiss me" to her, knowing that she absolutely loved the song. She had her head snuggled into the side of my neck. "I love you" I said, continuing to stroke her hair.

I can only imagine what could be going through her head right now. This girl had been through hell and back within these past few weeks, and I had no idea until now. I couldn't be angry with myself and live in the past, I had to help her now. I was going to be there for her now. And forever. I was going to marry this girl no matter what happens. And if she dumps me, I'll spend the rest of my life tryna get her back.

I watched her facial features, but it started to change. She was squinting her eyes together, whispering in her sleep. "No.....don't touch me....no.....stop" she murmured, making me nervous. "Dinah?" I called, and then she went off.

She screamed and then grabbed the collar of my shirt tightly. "LET ME GO!" she screamed, tears streaming down my face. "Sweetheart" I said, trying to loosen her grasp around my neck. "Dinah, come back baby" I said, shaking her shoulders. I was struggling to breath with her choking me, but luckily she opened her eyes.

"Look at me, sweet heart" I said, seeing so much fear in her eyes. But not just fear.....anger. "I hate you!" she screamed, shaking me harder. "No Dinah, it's me" I cried, but she didn't see that. She saw Francis, not Camila. She saw her attacker and not the one who loves her. And I wasn't sure if she would see me again.

"You ruined me" she screamed at my face, tears falling down both of our faces. I could see her pain and I knew I needed to help her. "Dinah, it's okay. It's me baby, it's Camila" I cried as she held my shirt tighter. "You ruined my life you bastard" she screamed, squeezing tighter. "D-dinah. Please, see me" I cried, trying to grab her face in my hands. She screamed and swung, luckily only hitting my cheek instead of my eye....still hurt pretty damn bad.

I cried out in pain, and I think that's what pulled Dinah out of it. "Mils, what h-happened?" she asked, and I think she knew that she was reponsible for it. "It's nothing baby, I'm okay" I said, but she didn't believe me. She gently pulled me into a hug, repeatedly telling me how sorry she was. "I'm fine Dinah, are you okay?" I asked, and she nodded 'no' into my shoulder, crying harder.

"I know Dinah, it's gonna be okay sweetheart" I said, holding her to me. And then, the door opened and the sound made her jump. "Baby, it's Lauren and Normani" I said, and she stopped shaking. "Did y'all go swimming?" I asked, seeing the water dripping off of them. "We went......" Lauren started, turning to Normani. "For a walk. And it started raining". They grabbed each other's hands, eksimo kissing. "I love Laurmani. I'm happy for you guys" I said, and they smiled wider. "Thanks Camz". 

I heard Dinah start to snore lightly, which she only did when she was really tired. "Rest babygirl"  I said, leaning down and kissing her forehead. "I love you Mila". "I love you too baby, goodnight" I said, and she was completely laid out. "We're gonna get changed, nite Mils" Mani said, and then I fell asleep, holding Dinah in my arms. 

*****Normani's POV*****

"C'mon Lo" I said, grabbing my bag and taking her hand. I pulled her into the bathroom, closing the door behind us. "What are we doing in here?" she said. "You need to get those wet clothes off" I said, and she smirked at me. "You just wanna see me naked". I shrugged and she hit my shoulder, "I'm kidding Lo. I don't want you to get sick". 

She pulled her short over her head slowly, keeping eye contact with me the entire time. I couldn't help but let my eyes scan over her toned body......she was flawless. "Eyes are up here, Normani" she smirked, running her tongue over her lips. Oh, that tongue...Focus! "Sorry" I said, clumsily digging through my bag and pulling out a big sweatshirt I grabbed earlier. 

"Here put thi-" I stopped midsentence, losing my breath. Lauren had her back turned to me, dragging her skinny jeans down her long, strong legs. Jesus, I need some Holy water or something. She turned around and smiled at me, and I just held the sweatshirt up to her. "Uh....um, sh-shit. Shirt! I meant shirt" I stuttered, making her laugh. "Thanks Mani" she said, sliding it on. I'm so glad she did, now I can function again.

I changed into my shirt too, and then we went back into the room. There were only two beds, and I didn't want to be all coupley while sharing a bed with Allycat. Lauren grabbed a few blankets and we made a makeshift bed on the floor. I laid down first, and then she laid down next to me. I pulled her close, her resting her head on my chest. "I wanna cuddle with you forever" she giggled in my ear. "Covered in all the blankets" I replied. "With no clothes so our skin can touch" she whispered. "That's sounds like perfection. You are my perfection, Jauregui" I said, kissing her temple. "And you're mine". 

I loved how this....how us, was starting.