[05]

Ayaka eyed his brother in a distance, Ayato was sitting inside the estate with a smile in his face which made Ayaka curious why, “Thoma?” She calls out to the dirty blond hair man which immediately responded to her. “Why is my brother smiling at this early hour?” Thoma chuckled but immediately turn his head towards Ayato. “Ah, about that My Lady it's best if you ask him directly about it.”

Confused, the lass nodded as he walks towards where his brother was sitting he was admiring the view. “Brother.” Ayaka spoke, Ayato glance at him giving her a smile. “May I enjoy the view with you here brother?” She asked in which Ayato nodded, as she sat down she was greeted by Ayato by a shocking question— for her.

“Ayaka.. How about a sister in law?” he asked his chin was in his palm as he look at his younger sister's puzzled look. “B-Brother? Pardon?” She said flustered.

“I meant as what i said exactly.” Ayaka thought for a second, “Is It the daughter of the one pestering you for marriage?” said Ayaka in a worried tone, she got relief when her brother shook his head. “It's someone else, It's from the Matsuoka Clan.”

Ayaka had seen you in banquets, She really wants to talk to you but is too shy and too busy since wherever she goes noble ladies would swarm up to her and you she didn't get the chance, A part from your public elegance she wanted to be your friend, “Oh Lady Y/N?!” she exclaimed, She was really excited upon hearing your name.

“Wait, how come you're acquaintances with Lady Y/N.. you didn't even met once?” With this ayato laughs, her sister was giving off a cute expression. “That's for another day, Ayaka I'll go now to see how the preparing for the banquet is going we don't want to welcome her dryly in the estate now would we?”

In the Matsuoka Estate the servants was in fear as their mistress was having her time throwing precious antiques and wares for her rage, “No! No! No! It cannot happen like this!” She yelled as she throws more in her rage, her servants was getting scared as they approach both of her children hopeful that it can calm the madam down— they were wrong.

“Mother? What's the matter?” You asked, She stopped hearing a familiar voice but immediately tried to strangle you at sight, You were shocked your brother protected you from your mother as he shielded you from the possible attack. “You're asking me what's the problem? You! You are the problem!”

“Mother what are you doing?!” Haruto shouted angrily, you were shaking as you hid behind Haruto as you face your mother who had a disappointing look on you, You were used to it but you never expected that she hated you this much.

You can't do this anymore, you live your life for her, for them— your parents; you lived for years and became a role model for your little brother, you became one of Inazuma's most talked in the nobility circle because of your outstanding elegant and etiquette, not to mention your personality which captivated the hearts of many men in the nation.

You were the center of attention everywhere you go, you never did something in public that ruined your family reputation except that one time where you felt humiliated a few days ago meeting Kaito Daisuke.

“I shouldn't have given birth to you! You ruined my life!” She screamed hysterically which made both of you and haruto scared, she pushed haruto aside and grabbed your shoulders which made your face pale. “YOU RUINED MY LIFE!” She exclaimed in your face, eyes full of hatred shaking you violently.

Haruto tried to stop your mother but there was no use, the servants tried to call your father but to their dismay your father went to gambling again today so there was nothing that could stop her from beating you. “I was so close on ruining your life!” She said.

“Mother wha—” you asked, your own mother wanted to ruin your life? But why? What was the point of all this? Before you could say another word you were now pushed to the ground by her as she ordered someone to fetch her whip, Haruto became more furious by what your mother was behaving you tried to apologize for something you didn't know but It was no avail, a while later a servant came back with a whip with a crying Kiyoko trying to stop him.

“Please Mistress! Please spare My lady!” She begged your mother on her knees but your mother only shoved her away by kicking her, You were furious. You'd rather take all the punishment than to endanger Kiyoko. As she was about to beat you up with the whip Kiyoko hugged you taking the beatings instead. “Kiyoko!” You said, you cried.

Why can't you protect the ones you love? You had a vision so what if you had? You didn't know how to use it, nor do you have the knowledge about it, Kiyoko tried to smile at you despite the beating. “All that matters is you are safe my lady.”

“Your maid is really daring!” Your mother shouted annoyed, she throws the whip as she stormed out of the room. “Forget it, fetch me another dress i shall go to the casino to relieve my rage.” And with that she left you, Haruto and Kiyoko alone.

You were nursing a Unconscious Kiyoko. “You didn't have to do that for me, Kiyoko.” You said looking at your maid. You were upset because you couldn't protect her from your mother. “It's fine.. tomorrow everything will change.” You said leaving her to rest.

__

“Come out.” Ayato said not bothering to look at the Ninja appeared infront of him he was busy attending paperworks from his work, his men greeted him. “My lord, something happened at the Matsuoka Residence this morning.” Ayato stopped on his tracks hearing the familiar name eyeing the men he puts down his pen and continued to listen.

“Lady's mother became somewhat violent earlier and wanted to harm the lady, Fortunately the lady wasn't injured because her personal maid took the beatings instead of her.” Ayato chuckled darkly, Your family really pissed him if not for you he would've killed them in the spot.

Ayato dismissed him only then Thoma entered his study bringing him a Milk Tea since he ordered him to do so, “Here is your Milk Tea my lord.” he said giving ayato the drink. “Thoma how is the preparations going for the banquet?” He asked Thoma smiled.

“Going well my lord, All the invitations have been sent and Milady has been checking up the preparations on the venue herself so it should be perfectly done by tomorrow.” Ayato sighed a relief if it was Ayaka checking it then it would be flawless nevertheless.

“Alright you can go now.” Thoma excused himself after he was gone Ayato then proceed to read the letter you wrote, these past two days the both of you were sharing letters with each other in secret.

Dear Lord Ayato,

Today was a great day, yesterday i was told that the wedding is cancelled. So it was a great day for me and for my maid; today I went to stroll around the city, I also tried what you had recommended to me in your letter, It was very interesting and delicious. Unconsciously I asked for the recipe for it the shop vendor did sell it for me for a few mora but now i know how to make it, shall i make it to you in some time now?

Yours truly,
Matsuoka Y/N.

Ayato lets out a light chuckle reading your letter. “You acted like nothing happened today to you either.” He sighed remembering the first time he saw you and how he got this lingering feelings towards you today.