[08]

You were tired from thanking all the person that wished you a blissful marriage finally it was done, It was time for you to go home but Ayato himself wanted to take you back, You kindly accepted the offer. “You didn't tell me the Raiden Shogun would personally go.” You spoke to the Yashiro Commissioner. Which made him laugh a little.

You were being cute, how could he not laugh at your actions. “I didn't know she would personally attend either. Lumine, the traveler told me that she had invited Yae Miko, and the Raiden Shogun herself i didn't expect they would go themselves.” You smiled at him.

“Thank you, Lord Ayato.” You were really thankful for him, because of him you can escape the fate your parents had planned for you. He stared at you which made you nervous, there was something in his eyes that just made you nervous. It wasn't uncomfortable, maybe It was for you because it was the first time you had felt this way.

Ayato brushed the strands of your hair blocking your eyes, His stare was lovingly you saw how his light blue orbs shine in the dark, Your eyes landed on his lips. “I..” you breathed out but was stopped when the coachman yelled. “My lady and My lord we had arrive!” you quickly pulled away from ayato blushing as you carefully came down in the carriage. “I-I should go now my lord.. thank you!” you stammered as you covered your heated cheeks infront of him.

As you open the door you were greeted by a slap by your mother. “Ah—” You fell in the ground your mother grabbed your hair as she violently abused you infront of the servants, You cried. “How dare you marry someone wealthy and happily! You don't deserve happiness!” She screamed like a maniac which made you cry.

You you had a vision but you never know how to use it. You can't protect yourself from this, even if you did know how you didn't want to hurt your mother.

“Mother please stop!”

“It's because of you! BECAUSE OF YOU I LOST MY LIFE!” she said, grabbing your chin harshly giving you a slap. “BECAUSE OF YOUR FATHER I LOST MY FREEDOM I LOST THE ABILITY TO CHOOSE MY LOVE BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN!” You paused as you looked at your mother at horror. What did she meant by those words—?

“BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN!”
“I SHOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN BIRTH TO YOU!”
“YOU RUINED MY LIFE!”
“BOTH YOU AND YOUR DAMNED FATHER WAS AT FAULT I BECAME LIKE THIS!”

“What are you talking about...” You managed to speak as you staggered trying to stand up. “You don't get it? You're not a Matsuoka!” She laughs hysterically her hand touching her forehead as she looked at you like you are some sort of pathetic idiot

“I WANTED TO RUIN YOUR LIFE BY SELLING YOU OFF FOR MARRIAGE SO YOU HAVE AN IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! SO THAT YOU CAN EXPERIENCE WHAT I HAD EXPERIENCE!”

“YOUR REAL FATHER FORCED ME FOR A MARRIAGE I DIDN'T WANT!” Your eyes widened, So that's why she never showered you with affection and love because she didn't want you.

“AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA MARRY SOMEONE HIGH I'M NOT GONNA LET YOU BE HAPPY FOR ALL MY LIFE Y/N!” she attempted to slap you but was stopped by none other than Kamisato Ayato. “M-My lord..” you said.

“Ha! Lord Kamisato did you catch my confession? Your dearest Fianceé is not a Matsuoka! You're marrying a illegitimate child!” She exclaimed as she laughed. Ayato frowns as she shoved her hands away, he carefully picked you up from the ground carrying you in a bridal style.

“Listen here and listen well, I don't care about Y/N's identity, I love her because she is my fianceé my soon to be wife, I still have respect for you in sake that you are about to be my mother in law and your daughter, whom you mistreated a lot cares about you. Don't you dare lay hands on my woman don't shred my last bit of respect for you, Madam Matsuoka.” Ayato said in a terrifying expression made the atmosphere quiet they were intimidated.

You smiled weakly as your hands finds its way to his neck, you buried your face through his chest as he was carrying you. “My lord... My vision and Kiyoko..” was the last thing you said as your vision darkened and you entered into a slumber yourself.

Ayato's face darkened as he called out his men from the Yashiro Commission to search for your vision and your personal maid.

“You can't take her! She's mine she's my daughter!” Your mother yelled at the Yashiro Commissioner who was now holding you in his arms. “You actually have the audacity to say that after what you have done?” Ayato said which made the woman shiver in fear.

“Since It seems like Matsuoka Clan is not doing a proper job at attending their one and only daughter, then It's perhaps my duty as the lady's future husband to take their place.” Ayato said walking away at the residence as they finally got in the carriage, Ayato couldn't help but caress your swollen cheek. He gives a light kiss on your forehead,

“Don't worry, you will never experience this mistreatment again.” He said embracing your body as the carriage already got going.

“I wish you would relay on me more, my love.” he said as he stared at your sleeping face, When the carriage arrived at the estate Thoma and Ayaka greeted Ayato only to be surprised to see a sleeping Y/N on his embrace. Ayato placed a finger on his mouth signalling them to keep it down, Ayaka and Thoma look at each other.

“My lord what happened?” Thoma asked quietly.

“Starting today, Y/N will live at the Kamisato Estate.” He then ordered a servant to prepare a room for Y/N. “Perhaps its better if we ask him when it's already okay.”

“Where is my lady?!” A servant came inside the estate in panic, Thoma recognized this servant. It was your personal maid which he saw last time with you. “The Lord has already taken care of the lady. Come let me show you to a room perhaps when the lady is conscious we can talk about what happened at the Matsuoka Residence.” Thoma suggested and the woman only nodded in response.

____

You flutter your eyes open and saw a different surrounding, It wasn't your room. You look around to see the room was very neat there wasn't much into it although you saw pile of scroll scattered in the table. “Y/N?” You heard a familiar voice called you out, It was Ayato. He was wearing a plain kimono, your thoughts was paused as you look at his broaden shoulder.

“Y/N?” He said in worry, you quickly said something to avoid being awkward. “My lord? Why am i here—”

“You're in my room.” he said straightforwardly which made you stop. “H-How can you say something like that in the open!” Your mind was hazy at the moment.

“I apologize, your room is still being prepared i hope you don—”

“Y/N!”
“Lady!”

Two woman barge in your room immediately hugging your waist which made you startled. “What is happening?” Ayato's lips parted, he looks at you. “You don't remember what happened yesterday?”

And it hit you, some revelations your mother made last night. Kiyoko looked down, “Lady.. I have a confession to make.” fidgeting her fingers as she looks at the ground.