[15]

It's been two days since Y/N gone back to her residence. The shuumatsuban ninja reported that there was no unusual happening in there which made Ayato feel at ease, but something was bothering him at all. It doesn't make sense for your mother to just welcome you in silence in her residence something just doesn't adding up here, Nevertheless Ayato focused himself on work affairs such as planning for the upcoming Irodori Festival.

There were suggestions everywhere, “Has the invitation towards the Chief Alchemist of Mondstadt had already been delivered?” Ayato asked his fingers massaging his temples the work was too stressful and you weren't home yet it made him somewhat bad mood because he misses you dearly not even a week has passed yet he's acting this way.

“Yes Lord Ayato, We have also sent invitations towards different renowned bards in Mondstadt too.” Ayato nod not bothering to face them, “How about the novelists from Liyue?”

“The Yae Publishing house had some issues but nevertheless the invitations is already given towards them.” Yume chuckled slightly as she signalled the people in the room to go out, leaving her with Ayato alone.

The sound of the clock ticking was the only thing audible in the room both of them didn't mutter a word, Yume sat on the table infront of ayato which made the male's frows furrowed. “You look too worked up against me, It doesn't suit you— doesn't suit us at all.” Yume jumped out of the table as she goes towards the back of Ayato's chair, Her hands trailing on Ayato's shoulder.

“I haven't seen you this stressed in time, Did that little illegitimate child abandoned you already? How very sad if she already did.” She whispered on his ears, “Tsk. I suggest you stop talking do not test my patience, Yume.” The pale blue haired gentleman said with a stern voice sternly looking at the short haired woman who only glared at him back.

Their eyes clashing, The heavy atmosphere was fortunately broken by Ayaka who had entered the meeting study. The black haired woman lets out a chuckle as she walked towards the exit door. “Remember, You can always choose me at the end.” She said in a rather seductive tone which made Ayaka's mood darkened.

“Brother, what were you doing with her?” Ayaka's voice slightly raised in anger. “Nothing happened, Ayaka.” Ayato tried calming down his sister. Ayaka glance at his brother he was in a poor shape just two days had passed when he last saw you and he is already in a mess.

“Brother you know, I trust you.” emphasizing the word trust ayaka took her fan and closed it. “But you know I don't trust that woman at all you knew this already, she may cause harm to Y/N anytime now.”

She was right.

“What if it wasn't me who opened the door? What is it was Y/N? Do you imagine what she would feel?”

Yeah he wondered, what would you do if you had saw that scene? Ayaka and Thoma didn't know you and him are in a secret contractual relationship the two of them viewed you two as pure lovers in love with each other. “You must make a move to completely silence the Nobunaga Clan otherwise it will create a disaster in the near future.” and with that last sentence ayaka left her brother alone in the study with thoughts on his head with ayaka's advice.

Although he didn't like Yume, she was no doubt the future pillar of her family, Considering what kind of person she is, Ayato clicked his tongue as he put his hands on his forehead staring at the ceiling. He can't wait to see you again tonight. 

Ayaka was busy instructing the workers for the preparation for your birthday in which is happening soon, “Little Ayaka, I see you're working hard for the birthday of your sister in law how admirable that is.” Ayaka turn her heel and saw the Guuji of the Narakumi Shrine. “Lady Yae, greetings.” Ayaka gave her outmust respect, Yae Miko smiled at her. “I'm here for business, would you like to sit down and chat with me?” She asked.

Ayaka nodded her head escorting her in the estate's living room where they take guests in, “What business have you come here for Lady Yae?” Ayaka started the conversation with the woman infront of her. “It's about your sister in law.” She said.

About Y/N? What about her?

“Although the Raiden Shogun personally blessed a blissful marriage to your brother's marriage. I'm just here to warn you about Nobunaga Clan, You might need to do all you can to protect your dearest Y/N, after all i heard the first lady of nobunaga has a deep hatred on your sister in law.”

“Yes.. Lady Yae.” Ayaka muttered as they continued their conversation about matters involving the Yashiro Commission for the Irodori Festival.

Back at the Mukami Residence you were admiring the flowers that your grandmother personally grew herself, “Grandmother.” You said making the older woman turn her head to you. “Yes my child? Something bothering you?” She replied to you with a smile as she was watering her flowers, Your lips pursed into a thin line as you took a deep breath. “What does it feels like to be in love?” You asked a question, You never asked this thing to anyone afraid of what would their answers be.

She lets out a little chuckle putting down the equipment she was holding, “Falling In love?” You replied with a nod.

“When I saw your grandfather for the first time he was higher noble status than mine i felt my heart stopped the moment he entered the hall, When he took my hand my heartbeat became faster. Once, you might even think to yourself that you want love and cherish for that person for a lifetime and eternity.” She said, Her words made you silent.

So it was really love.

You love Ayato.
You wanted to become his lover, not in contract.

“Do you feel the same way as I do, Ayato?” your thoughts wandered, all it can think is answers, You wanted to know if he do feel the same way as you do.

As you arrived in the Kamisato Estate with Kiyoko you were greeted by a warm hug by Ayaka which made you smile as you returned the hug. “What's this? My sister hugged before I did?” Ayato said in playful tone, while Ayaka had grin on her face. “Hehe i beat you to it, brother!” Ayaka said. You looked at Ayato remembering your grandmother's words. “Hello, Ayato. I'm home.”

Home.

Ayato opened his arms as you hugged him, It was only two days but it felt like years, “How was Haruto?” You smiled, “I-It's good.” You felt bad for lying but you had reasons, you cannot make this a problem for ayato too he had so much to deal with in work affairs, It was better if you had done it alone, after all it was your family matter.

“It was fine, thanks for asking.” Ayato held you hand and kiss the back of it as, You blushed. “I'm going back to my room..” You said quickly left the scene flustered with Kiyoko following you, Entering your room you covered your fave with your hands still flustered about what ayato had done to you.

“Was meeting your father a great experience my lady?” Kiyoko asked you excitedly, and before you knew it you already told her everything that happened. “I'm still quite puzzled how to have a contract with Lady Ningguang, since I am going to be busy in the following weeks. I can't just leave and plan a trip to Liyue as I like.” Kiyoko poured your favorite tea,

“Then why not leave after the wedding when your schedule is quite clear now My lady?” She asked you in which you nodded in response. “Just a week now it's going to be your birthday, are you excited my lady? After your birthday comes your wedding with Lord Kamisato!” You did in fact feel excited about it, Just hearing about the wedding makes your heart dance.

You're finally getting married to Ayato.