Chapter 21

Gabriella's pov

My vacation as almost ended and the sad part is I didn't get a call from Juliet's secretary, so I assumed that they didn't like or approve of my designs. I decided to go to the park to clear my head, I reached the back and found a bench under a shade and sat there. Few minutes passed and my phone started ringing thinking I was mum I picked up .
" Hello"I said.
" I'm I speaking to Gabriella Dixon?" The person asked
The person continued " I'm Ms. Juliet secretary and she said like your design and secluded your interview after your vacation."
"Ok thanks."
We bid our goodbyes and hanged up, I was so happy. I quickly rushed home to share the news with mum and Hardin. I told mum everything that happened, and she was happy for me.
" What about uni?" She asked
" I don't know, I never really thought about it."
I continued" but don't worry I can do both. I will still learn whiles working."
" Ok but don't  work yourself up".
" Ok"
The following days passed in a flash. I made new that I can present to Ms Juliet. Mom called me while I was making a new design.
" Gabby".
" Yes."
" Come here."
I made my downstairs , I reached and saw mum had a worried expression .
" What's wrong?" I questioned
" It's Mark, he got into an accident and I have to go and take care of him but I can't leave you and the guest here alone."
" Don't worry about us just go and take care of Mark, tell him I said speedy recovery."
" Ok but it will take about one week before I return".
" Ok , take care."
" Love you".
" Love you too."
Mum left shortly and I found myself sitting on the couch lost in thought, that I didn't even see Hardin come in.
" Hey, what's wrong?"
" Nothing and mum had to leave to take care of Mark."
" What's wrong with Mark?"
" He had an accident ."
" Oh ok hope he gets better soon."
" So who's gonna cook?" He asked
" Duhhhh! You of course do you want me to burn the kitchen." I said
" Yeah , well I'm gonna cook"
" And I'm going to my room."
" I will call you once the food is done."
I nodded and headed upstairs to my room. I was so consumed in my work that I didn't realize I spent 2hours working on new designs.
Hardin called me downstairs, I packed my designs and went downstairs to see Hardin already seated, I sat down at my usual seat.
" What are we having for dinner?"
" Mashed potatoes with steak and gravy sauce."
" Wow you prepared all of this on your own!!"
" Yeah".
We started eating and the food was so delicious, I cleared up and washed the dishes.
Hardin was sitting in the living room watching TV , I joined him and we watched fast and furious 9. We bid our good night after the movie and went to bed.