Chapter 6

Just like Jihyo surmised, the vet had arrived a little later in the week, probably two days after she and Felix left. By the time the vet had arrived however, Namjoon's heat had hit causing him to be more clingy and possessive over you. His heat had also pulled him into a hybrid head space where he couldn't really think or communicate well. As the vet settled in the living room for Namjoon's check up, you sat on the couch while the wolf stood behind with his face buried in your neck.

"Namjoon, can't you sit beside me so the Doctor Wang can get a good look at you?"

"No, stay here..." he pulled the couch further away from the doctor who had sat in an armchair a little away from you.

"It's alright, Y/N," the doctor smiled, "And really you can just call me Jackson. Doctor Wang is too formal and stuffy for me."

"I'm really sorry about this," you apologized.

"No, really, it's okay," he chuckled a little at how the wolf wrapped himself around you almost like a snake, "Namjoon, did you take your heat suppressants?"

"Mmm..."

"He says he did," you translated which you did believe, otherwise the wolf would be hiding in his room humping who knows what instead of being in the living room. Jackson nodded and took notes,

"And how long have you had Namjoon?"

"Uhm about two weeks now? Give or take a week."

"Two weeks?!" Jackson coughed.

"Y-yes...Why?"

"N-nothing it's just that you both seem so close..." he pointed out.

"Oh yeah...well Namjoon helped me with my cramps last week and I don't know...I've felt very comfortable around him since then. Is that...weird?"

"Just a little unprecedented is all..." he trailed off then stared at Namjoon for a little bit before continuing, "Namjoon, what made you stay?"

"Protect," he mumbled. 

It was barely audible so you scolded him, "Namjoon can you please get your head out of my neck and speak to the doctor properly?"

Not liking your tone, Namjoon nipped at your neck which caused you to yelp. He quickly licked where he bit however to show that he didn't mean any harm. You tried to wiggle away from him which gave the opposite result. Namjoon drew you closer to his body and held on even tighter. You let out a frustrated sigh and looked to Jackson.

"Y/N, why aren't you stopping him from doing things like this?"

"Well I read somewhere that animals in heat are quite vulnerable. So if this is helping him in anyway at all, I'll let him do it. It's only temporary anyway," you adjusted your head as Namjoon began to lick your neck.

"Is Namjoon the first hybrid you've had?"

"Uhm the first one that I've had to take care of. My old hybrids were older than me and took care of themselves."

"I see...okay...well I'd like to start the physical check up now," Jackson stood up, still with an odd expression on his face. It was like a look of concern mixed with amusement.

"Okay, Namjoon, you have to go with the doctor now," you lightly nudged him.

"No...just you..." he whined.

"If you don't let him check you, I can't adopt you. Is that what you want?" you pointed out which earned you another nip, "Hey! Okay. You know what? Fine, don't get adopted. I didn't want to anyway. Sorry for inconveniencing you doctor Wang, but Namjoon doe—"