Part 16

"You called them! I can't believe I was such an idiot to think you would be helping us! You probably put something in those sandwiches yesterday! I knew it was suspicious how we just slept through the night." Seokjin had accused you.

"Called who?" you looked confused, but Seokjin wasn't going to believe your fake innocent act. He was about to go off when Namjoon cut him off,

"The humans they're running away from," Namjoon surmised.

"Of course the humans!" Seokjin cried out, "Don't act like you don't know! Don't act like you haven't just ruined our lives! See Jungkook?  We shouldn't have....I shouldn't have trusted your instincts Jungkook! Do you see? DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS? When... when you're too trusting?"

Seokjin started to hyperventilate. His face turned red and his voice started to crack in the middle of his tirade. Jungkook hugged the older hybrid to try and calm him down but it didn't work. Seokjin had only pushed the bunny away and continued on his downward spiral,

"I...and it's over for us...It's too late! It's...Hobi...and you ...and I couldn't...I tried! Now they're g-going to s-send us back! And! AND! WE're GOnna...OH GOD They're going to—And Hobi! Hobi I'm so sorry! I—"

You quickly clasped your hands over his mouth. The shock of being touched by you seemed to quiet the otter hybrid. But also the intense look in your eyes stopped him from doing anything else.

"Seokjin," you spoke in a low and calm voice, "I need you to be very quiet. The louder you are, the more the people behind that door will think you're actually here. So please be calm and listen to me."

Seokjin breathed in and out slowly then nodded. Just then another series of knock came to the door. Seokjin's eyes widened and his breathing began to pick up. You squeezed his cheeks and tugged on it lightly to keep his attention on you.

"I'm not going to let them take you, okay? I'm going to send them away but before I do, you follow my instructions." you continued in a low whisper.

Seokjin nodded once more to let you know he was listening. You slowly let go of his face and continued,

"Okay, I need you to hide in the basement just in case they decide to storm our house. There's a secret nook where they won't be able to find you. Yoongi will take you and your brothers there. You just need to stay quiet and don't panic. We'll come get you when these people leave. Can you do that?"

Seokjin nodded once more.

"Okay, Yoongi take them,"

Yoongi grabbed Seokjin's hand and dragged him towards the basement. Jungkook and Hoseok rushed after him. Behind the staircase, Yoongi moved a set of wooden drawers then flipped the carpet under it to reveal a metal latch. Yoongi opened it and gestured for the hybrids to get in. The three of them jumped down. The room they had entered had shelves that had canned foods and other supplies like toilet paper. Yoongi had dropped down himself and walked over to one of the walls. He lightly pressed on it and ended up opening a secret door.

"Get in, and be quiet," Yoongi instructed them. Jungkook and Hobi were the first ones to enter the room. As Seokjin walked through he turned to Yoongi,

"I'm sorry...I—"

"We'll talk about it later," Yoongi told him before shoving Seokjin in and shutting the door. The three hybrids waited and heard some movement on the other side. The sounds of Yoongi's receding footsteps then came before there was total silence. Seokjin turned to Jungkook and Hoseok in the dark. He reached out to try and grab them when there was a click, and the light turned on.

The three of them looked around and observed the second secret room. There seemed to be even more emergency food and water as well as a couch and a table in the middle of the room. It was surprisingly cozy.