Chapter 41

Everyone stared at Taehyung in stunned silence.

"I can't grant that wish, I'm not even part of the pack," Jimin broke the silence with his scoff.

"You can't be part of the pack!" Jungkook squeaked then looked at the rest of the inter-pack, "Right? He can't join us?"

Yoongi exhaled and looked at you, "I told you not to indulge him,"

"Me? You're one to talk mister cat naps," you shot back.

"CATS NAP TOGETHER ALL THE TIME! It's perfectly platonic and natural! It's just instinct!" Yoongi argued while throwing his hands up in the air in frustration. Sure he flirted with Hobi and made out with the red panda before they became an official pack member, but that didn't mean the cat naps meant anything.

"Okay, calm down, I'm sure he's just joking, right Tae?" Hobi looked at the feline hybrid for an answer.

"I'm perfectly serious," Taehyung didn't bat an eyelash but turned to Jimin instead, "You'll just have to grant me a different wish, Jimin,"

"No, no, the deal was one wish," Jimin argued.

"No, the deal was, the losers grant any wish. Two losers, two wishes,"

"That's not right! He can't do that can he?" Jimin looked at you guys.

"We...have no jurisdiction on this, it was your guys' deal." Namjoon gave the fox hybrid an apologetic look.

"If that's how it was worded..." Jin piped in, "Technically, Taehyung is right."

Jimin huffed in annoyance while Jungkook only panicked more,

"I can't grant that wish!" his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head. It was cute. 

Taehyung suppressed an amused smirk with great effort, "And why not?"

"Because that's a group decision and I—"

"It sounds like you need to convince everyone to grant me my wish," Taehyung cut him off.

Jungkook whined while looking at you all in desperation. To be fair, Taehyung really couldn't force you guys to accept him into the inter-pack. But everyone wanted to give him a reasonable answer as to why not.

"Guys! Help?" Jungkook pleaded.

"Taehyung, asking to be part of the pack is a large thing," Namjoon started.

"I don't think you'd be happy being the only non-mate member of the pack, TaeTae, why don't you ask for something else?" you suggested.

"Stop with the nicknames," Hobi whispered in your ear.

"Wow you guys really don't want me in your pack, huh? I'm a little offended," Taehyung pouted, "You guys must hate me..."

"No it's not that!" you protested.

"You already have a pack," "We're kind of full...six mates is a lot and you wouldn't want to have to share attention, do you?" "Don't you hate Jungkook?" "Tae, be reasonable," "You just can't demand to be part of a pack!" "Is this really what you want Tae?"

Everyone except Jimin spoke over each other. Upon looking at the different facial expressions of the group and Jungkook's panicked one, Taehyung then smiled. He seemed to be really satisfied with himself and began laughing.

"Oh my god your faces!" Taehyung threw his head back and laughed loudly while you all looked at him confused. The feline hybrid took a good three minutes to compose himself before explaining,

"I was just messing with you all. Oh that was hilarious. That was great. Jungkook looked like he was about to pee his pants!" Taehyung slapped his chest and grinned at all of you guys. But despite his words, you could feel that something was off. When you looked into Taehyung's eyes, it just wasn't smiling like the rest of his face. That bothered you.