Chapter 70

[TW: Some scenes in this part will deal about death]

A day and a half had passed since you joined Chan's pack and your mates still hadn't come. Your head went to the worst case scenario but your heart stayed hopeful. Concerns and fears filled your mind up so much that you didn't even ask Felix what happened to Ji Hyo. You decided to keep yourself worried about one issue at a time and you preferred to think about your family.

On the night before you guys would be taken to the free hybrid district, you and Jin stayed wide awake in bed. Hobi spooned you from behind while Jin was on your opposite side. Haerin was comfortably curled in your arms nestled between her parents. She had shifted back into her otter form which you hoped wasn't a reaction to the very traumatic event that happened at the safe house.

"Aren't you tired?" Jin whispered.

"I'm too worried to sleep."

"That's not good for you or the baby,"

"I can't help it...Why aren't they here yet? What if the Raidens took them all back? I mean...Is Namjoon even alive?"

"I believe that everyone is okay. They have to be,"

"What if they're not Jin?" you asked, making your chest ache, "What if...what if that was the last time our pack would be complete?"

"Hey," Jin reached over and stroked your face, "Don't think like that. Our mates are very resourceful. Namjoon thought of a whole escape plan for us through the tunnel. Do you really think he didn't have a plan for when the Raidens came?"

"But he got shot..."

Jin paused for a moment. You could see the discomfort in his face and the effort it took for him to swallow whatever fear he had,

"I believe that they're okay,"

You inhaled deeply, "Maybe we should've stayed..."

"Absolutely not. If I had to do over the day, taking you and Haerin far away from that place is not something I would've changed." Jin brushed Haerin's fur then looked at you, "Haerin needs her mom. Our unborn baby needs you safe,"

"Haerin and our baby need all of their dads," you argued.

"Yes, yes, I know that but—"

Jin suddenly stopped talking and he sat up. He heard the sound of something knocking on the safe house door.

"What is it?"

"Someone is here," Jin slipped out of bed, "Stay with Hobi,"

"Wait Jin," you sat up as well. If something bad was coming you honestly preferred Chan and his pack to take care of it. You couldn't handle losing any more mates.

"Don't be stubborn, Princess. Haerin and our little baby inside you need you to stay safe," Jin went to the front door. To his surprise, Chan was already at the door and signaled for him to stop and hide. Jin nodded and slipped behind a wall while listening intently. If it was the Raidens he needed to be able to wake everyone up and sneak you guys out.

Chan looked through the peep hole and let out a sigh of relief before opening the door.

"Yoongi hyung, Jimin Hyung," Chan greeted them and then looked behind the two, "Where's everyone else?"

"We'll explain tomorrow but for now, where's Y/N?" Yoongi answered.

"She's in the room," Jin appeared behind the wall. He hurried towards his mates and hugged them tightly.

"Jin," Yoongi kissed his lips briefly. His tail swung at the comforting scent that he had gotten a whiff off. 

"Hyung," Jimin buried his face in the otter's shoulders.