Chapter 71

The drive to Nam-gil's pack was quiet. Exhausted from the events of the past week, almost everyone had fallen asleep. Jin and Hobi probably felt calm with the pack being reunited and were able to sleep peacefully now. Namjoon and Yoongi were still recovering from their injuries and couldn't really stay awake. Yoongi's head leaned against your shoulder while his hand was placed protectively over your stomach. The youngest members stayed up however. Taehyung and Jimin were just watching Haerin and making sure she was comfortable. Meanwhile, Jungkook stared out the window solemnly.

You reached for him and brushed his hair lovingly. He slowly looked back at you before giving you another tired smile letting you know that he was okay without speaking. He took your hand, gave it a gentle peck, and just held onto it while continuing to look outside the window. With this, you felt a wave of peace go through you before your anxiety kicked in.

You were about to meet your hybrid mate's family. Namjoon didn't talk about them much because he assumed the had passed. So when Nam-gil showed up, you were more than shocked. But Nam-gil seemed nice and accepting of the fact that your inter-pack was so large and that you were human. Maybe his pack would follow his lead and just accept you all.

By the time you had arrived at the pack, it was during the early morning hours. It wasn't what you expected at all. You thought that the pack village would be a lot more rustic with huts and primitive technology when in fact, it looked like any small town. Nam-gil had driven all the way to the so-called pack house where he and his family (technically your family) resided. It was on a hill, higher than everyone one else's houses. 

As you crawled out of the van with the rest of your sleepy mates, you marveled at the large abode. On either side of the main house, there were two smaller units. They were cute modern cottages although one of the units definitely looked newer. Your pack tried to be quiet as not to disturb the residents and moved slowly. You along with Jungkook helped Namjoon out from the front of the van to stand while Jin got and readied the wheelchair.

"It's fine, I can walk," Namjoon said while stepping forward away from you and Jungkook.

"Wolfie, don't be stubborn. You're still weak," Jungkook pointed out.

"Here, Y/N, take Haerin, I'll help Joon," Taehyung passed the sleeping girl to you. As you cradled her body, Haerin yawned and nuzzled her head onto your shoulder.

"Guys, seriously, I'm fine,"

"Namjoon..." a woman's voice whispered and approached your mate.

"Mom..." Namjoon smiled weakly.

"It's you...it's really you..." she cupped his face and stared at it. Her eyes then traveled to his injured arm, "What happened?"

"I got shot, but I'm good now."

"When your father told me you were alive I wanted you home, but he said you didn't want to meet us..."

"I have my own pack now. I had to put them first," Namjoon explained as if he had grown up seeing his mom everyday. It was surprising just how casual he was being.

"You should've just brought them here. Now introduce me," she scolded him lovingly then turned to your inter-pack. When she realized just how much people there were, her eyes widened in shock, "All the them...?"

"Yeah, they're all my mates. This is Jungkook and Taehyung. Jimin is over there with the bags and Hobi is beside him. Yoongi's the one sitting in the car still. Jin's the one with the wheelchair and that woman with the baby is Y/N. She's my natural mate. She's pregnant and the little girl in her arms is Haerin, my daughter,"

Upon hearing the word daughter, Namjoon's mom's face lit up in delight, but upon seeing that you were human, her face dropped.

"A human...as a mate?" she said obviously trying not to show off her disappointment.