Chapter 65

With a newborn in the house, time seemed to pass faster than ever. Before it registered to anyone, four months had passed. Haerin, thanks to her hybrid genetics, developed twice as fast as human children. Despite being four months old, the little girl was like a seven month old baby in size and habit. She babbled a lot, crawled so fast and even swam. It amazed you how rapidly she was growing.

"Papa, where are you going?" you asked as Jin walked through the dining area in swim trunks with Haerin in his arms. She, like her father, was dressed ready for a swim with her suit that was blue with a duck pattern and a small little skirt.

"We're going for a swim in the lake!" Jin excitedly beamed.

"Papa," you said in a warning tone. He knew better than to try and leave the house without a disguise.

Jin's expression quickly dropped and he sighed, "Okay...we're going for a swim in the bath tub...Haerin needs to foster her otter instincts,"

"I'm sorry you can't go out swimming with her freely," you stood up to kiss him. Jin happily accepted your lips. Although you only intended for it to be a short peck, your lips became deeper and Jin stepped closer. Since giving birth, you hadn't really felt the need to be intimate with anyone, but as Jin enveloped your lips in his, your heartbeat quickly picked up and the urge to go further grew.

Your lust however was broken by the sound of your daughter babbling and the feeling of her grabbing your shirt. The two of you pulled apart, red in the cheeks.

"You want mommy?" Jin asked as his daughter wiggled towards you. He eventually gave in and handed her to you. As soon as she was in your arms, she snuggled closely,

"AMaaamama,"

"Haerinie, are you going to go swimming with papa?" you asked while brushing her hair out of her face. Most of the fur on her forehead had disappeared and she looked more human than otter these days. You kissed her cheeks and the little girl continued to babble loudly.

"You sounds very, very excited," you chuckled.

"She's showing off how much she can talk," Jin smiled.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and your mate looked at you curiously,

"Are we expecting someone?"

"No," you quickly handed Haerin back to her father and gestured for them to hide. Jin ran to the dining room and tried to quiet down his daughter in case the visitors weren't friendly.

The doorbell ran three more times before you had gotten to it. You checked that Jin was out of sight before opening the door. The view of both Peniel and Chan standing on your doorstep pleasantly surprised you.

"Hey noona!" Chan greeted with a bright smile.

"Hey guys, I wasn't expecting you," you stepped aside to let the two in.

"We wanted to see the baby," Peniel explained.

"Hey guys," Jin emerged from the kitchen after hearing the familiar voices.

"Is that her?" Chan rushed towards the little girl who only hid her face in her father's chest, "She's so cute! Can I hold her?"

"Mmm no," Jin frowned and stook a step back, "I don't want your scent on her."

"Oh, right, of course," Chan pulled his hands behind him and tried to look at the little girl.

As the wolf hybrid circled around the father and daughter, Peniel tapped your shoulder,

"We have a present at the car too,"

"Oh you didn't have to,"

"Yes we did," Peniel gestured for you to follow him. You looked at him in confusion but went anyway. As you got to the trunk of Peniel's car, he paused and looked around before opening it.