Chapter 28

Namjoon held his breath and tried to control his emotions. He still couldn't believe you had snapped at him. Your words cut him deeply and Namjoon shut his eyes tightly, trying push all the feelings away. It was hard though because he not only experienced his despair but yours as well. It was the mating bond. He could feel your sadness and frustration which enhanced his own sadness in the moment. Namjoon sniffled loudly and tried to hold in his howl. Even with his effort however, a whimper still emerged from him as tears started to trickle down his face.

He just felt so helpless.

Just then the door opened and Jin stood outside.

"Can I come in?" the otter hybrid gently whispered.

Namjoon shook his head, "N-no...the nest needs to just be me and Y/N...but h-hyung."

"I know," Jin opened his arm. Namjoon quickly rushed outside to hug the otter hybrid.

"I-I don't know what to do... I know she's hurting. I feel it through the mate bond and ...I just thought if sh-she talked about it with m-me, she'd f-feel better," Namjoon sobbed, soaking Jin's sleeve, "I'm a bad mate...I can't even tell what's wrong..."

"You're not a bad mate, Joon," Jin whispered, running his fingers through the alpha's hair, "She's just having a bad day. She didn't mean it,"

Namjoon cried louder when Hobi had finally made up to the second floor. Jin gestured for the red panda to come and help. Hobi nodded and rushed to Namjoon's side offering an embrace as well. Namjoon transferred to the red panda while sniffling a little louder.

"It's okay, Joon..." Hobi kissed his temple while rubbing the wolf's back. At the wolf's sad little whine, Yoongi ran up the stairs,

"What happened?"

"Y/N snapped at him," Jin whispered.

"Oh, Joon, don't cry..." Yoongi approached and patted his shoulder, "You're ugly when you cry."

Jin slapped the back of Yoongi's neck and glared at him.

"Ow! What? It was a joke! I'm trying to lighten the mood!" Yoongi explained earning him another hit but this time from Hobi. Yoongi pulled Hobi off and took Namjoon in his arms, "You're not ugly. I didn't mean that. I was trying to make you laugh. I'm sorry... you're right... I am rough. I can see why you like Jin hyung more."

"I d-don't like Jin hyung m-more," Namjoon sniffled.

"Don't lie to me Namjoon, I saw the way you bit him and it's fine. I'm not mad," Yoongi kissed the wolf hybrid's head, "But that's not important. What happened? Tell hyungie. Tell hyungie so he can make it better."

"Sh-she snapped at me and said that I was clingy but I was only trying to help. She's been so off lately and I-I know she's in pain but... I don't know why...What am I missing?" Namjoon pulled away and stood up straight. He wiped his tears and looked at his mates, lost for answers for the first time ever.

"Jin hyung do you want to play video games with us? Tae finally set up the gaming system Eunkwang brought us and we need a fourth person...What's going on?" Jungkook appeared in the hallway and looked at the four hybrids, huddle together.

"Y/N is upset and we don't know why," Jin sighed, "You might have to wait a little more before mating with her, little bun."

"Oh that's fine I'm not in a rush," Jungkook shrugged.

"Not in a rush? You've been dying to mate with her for like ever. What happened?" Yoongi asked.

"I don't know...it's fine. I've got Jieunnie and Taehyung and Jimin to hang out with now. It's not a big deal anymore."