Chapter 37

Namjoon was keeping a secret. 

You weren't sure what it was, but it was definitely something. Since the arrival of the four wolf hybrids and the end of his pup-depression, Namjoon had been at the clinic for an unspeakable number of hours. Whenever you or anyone outside of Jieun tried to go see the hybrids, he would immediately step in to perform the task. It was like he was trying to keep everyone away.

It felt odd but no one else in the household seemed to care. So you tried to push away the weird feelings and acted like everything was okay. You seemed to have fooled everyone except Jimin.

"Y/N, do you want to go for a walk with me? My leg needs exercise." Jimin approached you in the hallway as you stared at the bridge to the clinic.

"Hm?" you looked at him with a dazed look.

"Let's go out for a walk. I think you need fresh air," Jimin summarized.

"Oh, but I have to check on Taehyung," you said, remembering why you were in the hallway in the first place. The feline hybrid had recently gotten sick and got holed up in his room. You blamed it on him not wearing enough layers on the day you all went to play in the snow.

"Don't worry, he's fine and sleeping," Yoongi called out from the second floor, "You can go for a walk."

"See? Yoongi hyung's got it under control." Jimin smiled at you.

"Oh well then yeah, okay. Get dressed and we'll go out for a walk."

Jimin jumped up in excitement and got dressed as quickly as possible before dragging you outside. In a way, the fox hybrid was right in that you did need the fresh air. As the two of you walked down the crunchy, snowed-covered path, you felt more sure that you were overreacting about the Namjoon thing.

"Something's been bothering you lately hasn't it, Y/N?" Jimin brought up after walking in silence with you for about ten minutes.

You looked at Jimin curiously for a moment. The fox's intuition was absolutely out of this world, "How'd you know?"

"I felt it," he grinned.

"You're amazing...no one else has seemed to notice,"

"So what is it? The thing that's bothering you."

"It's nothing. I'm just overreacting. It's not a big deal," you shrugged while putting your hands in your pockets.

"We can still talk about it. It'll make you feel better."

"No, it's fine..." you paused for a moment, ready to let it go. But when Jimin raised his eyebrows at you, you found it hard to resist the urge to rant, "It's just that...No...it's...hmph..."

"Just say it," Jimin chuckled, "I promise, I won't tell anyone."

"It's Namjoon. He's acting weird." you finally blurted out and immediately felt better. You then inhaled deeply and let the dam burst, "Ever since those wolf hybrids came, he's disappeared. And at night he has nightmares so he doesn't sleep well. But instead of resting, he just goes back to the wolf hybrids. No matter how tired he is, he just keeps going. And he won't let anyone help. What's that about?"

"Yeah...he has been very enthusiastic about taking care of the new hybrids," Jimin nodded, "But I doubt he's doing anything bad."

"No, I'm not assuming he's doing anything bad," you quickly shut the idea down, "It's just...what could he be doing? I'm not suspicious just curious. Maybe's it's a wolf thing..."

"A wolf thing?" Jimin tilted his head and made a really adorable face.

"Namjoon gets really excited around other wolf hybrids. He didn't really have a pack growing up so he tries very hard to fit in and be friends every time he meets new wolves."