Part 18

Jin wouldn't stop helping around the house and it was starting to bother you. At first of course you didn't mind because all the tasks were menial: cleaning the table, washing some dishes, fluffing pillows, etc. However after taking over laundry, Jin was slowly making his way into the kitchen. 

"Jin stop! I can do this all by myself," you protested, taking the knife from his hands.

"Let me help, Y/N, I can help. You don't have to do it alone anymore." Jin tried to reach for the knife again.

"Jin, don't! I like working in the kitchen by myself I don't need you to help."

"Please let me help, Y/N,"

"Why are you so adamant on doing all these things, Jin? You're a guest. Please let me spoil you a little."

"When we move to the free district, we're not gonna have you to help us. So I have to learn how to take care of everything before we get there. So please...teach me?"

You let out a sigh. It finally made sense why Jin was so enthusiastic about doing things around the house. You were more than happy to help, but at the same time you felt a pang of sadness and disappointment from his explanation. You knew he and his brothers weren't going to stay forever, but you couldn't help but feel unsatisfied with the thought of them leaving, 

"Fine, I understand. I'll let you help," you gave him the knife and stood to the side to let him chop ingredients.

You were were making spam musubis as a snack for the boys before dinner. It wasn't too heavy but you had recently been craving it. Jin, Jungkook and Hoseok had never had them before so you thought it would be a nice treat to let them eat some as well.

Jin watched you work like a hawk while you joked with him and told him stories about your childhood. Jin would reward your openness with stories of his own. Living in the mansion wasn't all bad, he claimed. There were nice times when he would be taken to really fancy cities and be fed high-end food. He wished to visit those places again even though it was all a pipe dream.

"Okay, taste," you held the musubi near his face for him to bite. Jin hesitated while staring at the snack. He debated on whether he should grab the food from your hand to eat or if he should just bite it directly.

"Jin, just bite it," you instructed. The otter hybrid nodded and took a large bite. His eyes widened at the deliciousness and he nodded enthusiastically while chewing. In his excitement, he took another bite which proved to be too much for his mouth and he began coughing as he choked. You immediately put down the snack and grabbed some water.

Jin pounded on his chest as he coughed and continued chewing. Eventually he was able to swallow everything and breathe.

"You silly hybrid, slow down on eating," you handed him the glass of water.

Jin drank it quickly and breathed in relief, "Couldn't...it was too delicious. Y/N, you can't expect me to not want to shove the whole thing in my mouth,"

You chuckled and took the half eaten food to munch on yourself. Jin's eyes widened and he tried to stop you,

"Woah what are you doing?" he grabbed your wrist.

"I was gonna taste it,"

"What? No don't eat that, I bit that!" he tugged your hand farther away from your mouth.

"So? You're not sick are you?"

"No but sharing food with a hybrid is..." Jin thought back to his owners. They would never allow anything that a hybrid bit into touch their lips. They were concerned about the hybrids having rabies or some other transmittable disease.