Part 19

You sat in your room and tried not to cry. It was for the best that Jin, Jungkook, and Hobi were leaving. That's what you kept telling yourself. They would be happier in the free district. Here they probably felt like people intruding on your family, but at Area 613 they would be their own people. And also, if even if they did stay here...how awkward would it be for them to be around you and your inter-pack. They would be forever third wheels and that wouldn't be fair to them.

Unless...

Unless they joined your inter-pack but that would be such a selfish request on your part. Namjoon and Yoongi only signed up for you and each other, not three more people. But still you felt a little disturbed with the fact that they were leaving. They belonged with you. They belonged here. It was just like how you felt Yoongi belonged with here. But...who said they felt the same way? Jin seemed so excited to leave after all. Here you were again, jumping to conclusions because you liked them so much.

"Y/N?" Yoongi slowly entered the room, "What's wrong, kitten?"

"I don't want them to leave, Yoongi," you finally said, "They belong here like how you belonged here...Don't you feel it?"

Yoongi rubbed his face and sighed, "Kitten, it's what they want. We shouldn't get in the way of it,"

"I know, I just...it...am I being selfish?"

Yoongi pulled you in his arms and kissed your temple, "It's not selfish to voice out your wants. You're only selfish if you try to stop them."

You cuddled closer into Yoongi and leaned against his shoulder. You kissed the spot under his jaw and he gingerly rubbed your shoulders.

"It'll be okay, kitten. As long as they're happy...that's the best we could hope for," Yoongi whispered into your temple. He felt like a hypocrite because just like you, he didn't want them to leave. He wanted to be selfish and he wanted to make them stay. He had surprisingly become so fond of Hobi and Jin and yes even the little bunny. Yoongi used to not understand how Namjoon had welcomed him so easily, but now he did.

It just felt right to have them all here and if they left...there would be a hole in his heart.

*~*~*~*

Namjoon and Chan had returned from their little wolf frolic quicker than an hour and now circled each other in the living room in their human form. When you rushed to the living room, you tried to tell Namjoon about the departure of the three hybrids. But he was still in his wolf head space and had become a total puppy. He bounded up and down and wouldn't concentrate on you. Instead he tried to wrestle Chan excitedly. All the commotion eventually attracted the three hybrids to come down to the living room and witness the alpha jump over the couch to tackle the younger wolf.

"What is going on?" Jungkook asked as his foot tapped the floor nervously. It was never easy for him to be around rambunctious predators given that he was prey.

"They're play wrestling," Yoongi answered while trying to jump away from Namjoon who had now chosen him as a target, "Joon usually..."

Yoongi's eyes dilated for a moment, his animal instincts trying to take over. His tail twitched slightly and he crouched, his gaze locking onto Namjoon. But luckily, Yoongi had a little more self control at the moment and snapped out of it. He stood up straight and shook his head.

"Joon usually slips into a deeper wolf head space around other wolves," Yoongi finished while shooing the wolf away. It seem to work mainly because Chan had distracted the older wolf.

"We're ready to leave," Jin announced.

"Leave?" Namjoon repeated after pinning down Chan.

"Yeah, Peniel is taking them to Minho's tonight so they can reach the free district sooner. But...I mean I would like you three to stay for dinner..." you explained. This seemed to sober Namjoon up and he slowly stood up. His pupils slowly contracted and his breathing steadied.