Chapter 52

In the middle of the night you had been woken up by the sound of soft sniffling coming from behind you. Your brain tried to think about who could have been crying as you slowly gained consciousness. It was obviously not Yoongi since the cougar hybrid was currently holding onto you tightly and doing his cute little purr-snore thing. It certainly wasn't Jin since the otter hybrid was currently on the other side of Yoongi and you distinctly heard the sound from behind you. This only left your sweet Hobi. You peeled yourself from Yoongi's hold to spoon the red panda,

"Hobi, it's okay," you kissed his shoulder, "They're going to be back soon,"

"That's not why he's crying," Yoongi's groggy voice said while the cougar hybrid moved to cuddle you once more, his tail quickly wrapping around your waist, "It's his post-heat depression."

"Hobi is that true?" you slowly sat up to look at the red panda who had flipped onto his back. He quickly wiped his tears and placed his folded hands on his stomach.

"I don't know...probably...I've never had one before and Yoongi hyung says it is and I believe him."

"Oh sunshine, you should've told me earlier," you quickly crawled out of bed and walked to the nest room to recover Hobi's cub. As soon as you got up however, Yoongi let out a whimper and meowled for you to come back.

"Yoongi, shut up," Jin grumbled, finally waking up. He grabbed the cougar and shoved him towards his chest.

"I want Y/N, not you," Yoongi struggled against the older hybrid.

"Be quiet already, I'm trying to sleep."

"Y/N!" Yoongi meowled once more before Jin pinched his arm. 

"I'm here, let me just give this to Hobi," you had returned with the cub in your arms. Hobi quickly sat up, his nose twitched detecting the scent of the cub in your arms. You sat at the edge of the bed and Hobi came to you.

"Here, Hobi, it's your cub," you presented the doll to him as if it were a newborn. Hobi slowly leaned down and sniffed the doll in your arms. His ears and tails quickly perked up in delight before he opened his arms. You carefully transferred the cub to him and watched as the new "father" sniffed his substitute son. His fingers light brushed the cub's hair and Hobi stroked his face,

"Beomgyu," Hobi whispered to the doll before returning to his corner of the bed. He curled up around the doll and began to groom it with his tongue before rubbing his cheek against its ears, "Appa is here Beomgyu. Appa is here. Everything is going to be okay...Appa is here."

"Y/N come back to bed now," Yoongi pouted while successfully pulling away from the otter hybrid. You sighed and carefully crawled back into Yoongi's arms. The cougar hybrid purred in contentment while kissing your forehead and rubbing his face all over it.

When morning came, you found Hobi and Jin gone from the bed. Yoongi however, splayed all across the bed, his tail still flicking contentedly while he mumbled something in his sleep. You pulled away and kissed the cougar, careful not to wake him up before going to the bathroom and then to the kitchen.

Much to your surprise, Jin was the only person in the kitchen.

"Hobi not here?" you looked around, "He's not in bed."

"Yeah, he moved to the nest in the middle of the night. Something about how Yoongi's snoring would disturb Beomgyu," Jin shrugged then picked up a mug, "Coffee?"

"Yes please," you whispered while sliding right next to Jin and pressing your head against his shoulder. These days you were really thankful for the otter. He seemed to be the great glue holding everything together while you all silently worried about the rest of the pack. You made a note to thank him properly when this was all over.