Chapter 46 (M)

Taehyung laid in his bed wide awake. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw one of his pack members stand making him sit up,

"Hyung? Where are you going?"

"I'm just going downstairs for some water, Tae. Go back to sleep," Seojoon ruffled his hair before leaving the room quietly.

Taehyung glanced to his side to see Peakboy curled up, snoring as if his pack hadn't just made a huge decision. The feline hybrid laid down and stared at the ceiling. Sleeping with his pack didn't feel as comforting as it used to. At this thought, Taehyung slowly stood up and left the room.

On nights when he really couldn't sleep, there was only one solution for the feline. Taehyung entered Jimin's room without knocking and carefully climbed onto the mattress. As the bed dipped and the sheets shifted, the fox hybrid stirred lightly.

"Jimin hyung, can I sleep with you tonight?" Taehyung asked, already laying beside the fox.

"Hm? Sure...if your pack is okay with it," Jimin yawned and opened him arms knowing exactly what the feline needed.

"They won't care," Taehyung quickly snuggled up next to the fox. He took in Jimin's scent and purred. There was something about Jimin's cinnamon scent that just calmed him for some reason and it was exactly what he needed in the moment. Taehyung rubbed his head against the fox's shoulder while his tail brushed up against the fox's leg.

"Minnie..." Taehyung whispered.

"Mmm?" Jimin grunted.

"I'm gonna miss you..."

"That's nice," Jimin mumbled, not paying attention.

"Can't you come with us?"

"I like it here,"

"I do too, but...Y/N is going to make us leave," Taehyung whined.

"Go to sleep Taehyung, you just had a nightmare," Jimin muttered once again, still obviously half asleep.

"Right..." Taehyung snuggled closer, "Good night Minnie,"

"Good night Tae."

*~*~*~*

You had woken up from your bed, sweating. The bed had been getting warmer and warmer for the past three days. Normally it wouldn't be a problem but as temperatures rose, the heat was became more noticeable. You carefully inched out of the bed, making sure that none of your mates would wake up. And after all the sweating, you decided to head to the kitchen for some water.

Once you reached the first floor, you noticed the light in the kitchen already on. As you stepped into the room, you saw Seojoon tugging on one of the cabinet doors.

"Do you need help?" you said quietly hoping not to scare the bear.

"I wanted to get some water but can't open anything," Seojoon pouted. You chuckled and moved to help the poor hybrid.

"Sorry, Hobi baby proofed the house,"

"But you guys don't have a baby? Unless... you're pregnant?"

"It's a pre-heat habit that the guys do. Namjoon did it and I think the rest of them just picked it up," you said while placing two glasses on the counter, "Is it normal for hybrids to baby proof before a heat?"

"Uhm...I don't usually do that before mine, but it might be because I don't have a female mate," Seojoon shrugged as he watched you travel to the fridge and pull out the pitcher of water. You poured the beverage for Seojoon first since he was probably waiting a while to get some.