Chapter 8

You stared at your mark through the mirror of your bathroom and lightly brushed your fingers against it. The memory of the night Namjoon had given you that dark spot on your neck filled your body with delight. You smiled fondly at it when Namjoon entered the bathroom,

"Sweetheart—Oh, are we admiring my artwork?" He walked up and pressed up against you, his hands firmly moving down the curve of your body before settling on your hips, "Shall I retouch them after this couple leaves?"

"Joonie, behave," you swatted his hands away, "We literally just did it like an hour ago. You're slowly becoming insatiable,"

"I can't help it," Namjoon moved his hands back onto your hips and kissed your neck, "You're just so hot...and you won't let us do it when we have visitors which recently, we've been getting a lot. So excuse me,"

"You're being silly," you pulled away and fixed your shirt, "Actually I was thinking..."

"That we should have a quickie? Yes, me too. Good idea," Namjoon leaned in to kiss you but you placed your hands up to stop him from getting any further.

"No wolfie, calm down. I was thinking maybe we shouldn't tell the visitors we're mates."

"What?" Namjoon scrunched his face, "Why not?"

"Because! Every time we tell them we're mates they look at you with disappointment and me with disgust. I can't stand it...They shouldn't think less of you."

"Oh, little red," Namjoon cooed while pulling you back into his embrace. He rubbed your back softly and kissed your temple, "I don't care what they think of me. I'm proud to be your mate and if I could, I would choose you over and over again."

"But Joonie, what if...what if they're right? What if it would've been better if you had chosen a hybrid mate instead?" you argued. It had been a thought that was swirling around in your head for a while now.

"They're not right. We're natural mates, Y/N. There's nothing more right than that. Even they can't argue with natural mates."

"I know it's just...what if I'm not good enough?"

"You're perfect just the way you are. And if they really don't like it they can leave the safe house,"

"Namjoon,"

"No. You're doing so much to help them and if they're going to be ungrateful, then I will put them out of our house myself, okay?"

"Yes, okay," you smiled. You were glad that Namjoon always seemed to know what to say every time you worried about something.

"Okay I'm glad we agree," Namjoon squeezed you tightly in his arms, "Besides, even if we don't tell them, they can still smell me on you because of the mark, baby. There's no escaping it."

"Really? I didn't know that,"

"Mhmm, you're stuck with me forever and you can't hide it. Now let's retouch that mark before the new guests arrive," Namjoon pulled your shirt off.

"Fine! But be quick,"

*~*~*~*

You paced back and forth in the living room floor. You were always so anxious every time you had a new guests coming. This time, you were informed that your guests would be a mother and daughter pair. They had been working employed in an abusive factory and had recently escaped. You went to the couch to fluff the cushions one last time when the door opened and Namjoon entered with two female cat hybrids.

"This is our safe house," Namjoon said while ushering the two girls in before shutting the door behind him, "Y/N, this is Bo Young and Bong-Soon,"

Bo Young was a small cat hybrid with lovely grey ears and matching tail. She was very clean and looked like she hadn't slept in days. Bong-Soon, the daughter who was maybe around six or seven years of age had orange ears that had a star shaped cut on it. Your chest constricted the minute you saw the cut. She was branded.