Chapter 48

A week had passed and the unrest inside the safe house was getting worse. Jin paced inside the office trying to find a way to resolve everything. He thought it would be best to have mediation session with the pairs that seemed to really be having beef. But he found that there wasn't a root problem that needed talking about. That made everything harder for the otter. Why was he the only mate that didn't seem to be upset over something? Jin rubbed this temples and let out a frustrated huff. If he told everyone there was a problem, it might just upset the pack even more. What was he going to do?

Jin's train of thought was abruptly interrupted by the door opening and Jimin popping his head in,

"Hyung? It's time for dinner,"

"Dinner?!" Jin then tried to look for the time, "I haven't started cooking!"

"Y/N and I made dinner...We thought you were busy with preparing for the next guest and decided to just make it together." Jimin smiled.

Jin rubbed his face. Right...there was that thing with you and Jimin too. It wasn't necessarily a problem but the otter hybrid noticed how much time the two of you were spending together. When he first found you two asleep on the couch in the living room, he thought it was cute. It was kind of the fox to help you when you were having problems sleeping. Jin however didn't expect you to just completely latch onto Jimin. 

You kept sneaking out at night to sleep with the fox and then you started asking him to do chores with you. Every time you were looking for someone it was Jimin.

Jin let out a soft growl.

Jimin, Jimin, Jimin, Jimin. It was like the rest of the pack became invisible to you.

"Hyung?" the fox hybrid whispered, "Dinner?"

Jin slowly looked up, "Oh right...I'm be there. Just give me a minute."

"Alrighty," Jimin nodded before slowly shutting the door and walking to the dining room.

Jin stood up and stretched before trudging towards the living room. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe you were spending too much time with Jimin and that was putting everyone on edge. Jin rubbed his shoulder and let out a sigh. If he could just tell you, then you would stop and everything would be okay again.

When he got to the dining room, he found Jimin already sitting close to you and putting food on your plate. Jieun was seated on the other side of Jimin. Yoongi and Namjoon were sitting the farthest apart from each other and completely avoided eye contact (They probably had another argument, Jin deduced). Jungkook sat at the edge of the table and just stared at his plate. Ever since Taehyung had left, the bunny became a recluse. It was a surprise to see him at the table at all. Finally, there was Hobi who was just trying to get Jungkook to talk to him. Jin initially thought the red panda and the bunny had a fight which led to Jungkook withdrawing. But when Jin brought it up to Hobi, the red panda turned out to be just as concerned.

Jin slowly walked to a free seat beside you and just stared at the food. Everything felt so awkward these day and it was starting to get to him.

"Jin, sweetheart, are you okay? You look exhausted," you asked while putting food on his plate.

"Yeah...there's just..." Jin hesitated telling you all the real problem but decided against it, "There's a lot of work to be done."

"Don't worry about the new hybrid coming," Jieun said, "It's still a couple of days away and we already have a room ready. Plus it's only one person, so it won't be as difficult as when the wolf pack was here."

Jungkook's ear twitched as he noticed that even Jieun totally avoid mentioning the Wooga pack. But it wasn't just you. Everyone in the house avoided mentioning the Wooga pack. It was annoying, but he couldn't really do anything about it without revealing his secret. When he almost gave it away to Hobi earlier that week, Jungkook thought he would die.