Chapter 62

Jin was getting worse these days. He had been more focused on keeping you under his careful watch and pushed everyone away from you. On the times he was unsuccessful at keeping his other mates away the eldest often resisted the urge to snap and bare his teeth. Instead he focused on trying to figure out how to do everything in the house without help and it was starting to take a toll on his health.

"Hyung do you need help?" Taehyung had come into the kitchen and noticed his mate furiously cutting away at the vegetables.

"No, don't touch anything," Jin said absentmindedly before putting down the knife and walking towards a boiling pot to stir it.

"Just let me help, I promise to listen carefully so I can do things right," Taehyung offered. He and the rest of the pack had noticed how much Jin was working and could see how tired the man was. They all offered help but the otter hybrid continued to reject it.

"Don't worry about it, Tae, just go away," Jin turned down the fire on the stove then returned to the cutting board. As he shifted to his original position, the otter hybrid momentarily felt lightheaded and paused all movements. After the room stopped moving Jin shook his head and blinked a couple of times before resuming his work.

The older mate's pause and temporary confusion didn't escape the cat hybrid's sight however, "Come on hyung, you look really tired. We can finish quicker together and then you can take a break."

"I don't need your help," Jin insisted and continued to chop. Soon his vision started to blur and he heard a high pitched tone in the background that seemed to drown out all the sounds around him. The otter hybrid glanced quickly to his right to see Taehyung's mouth move but he couldn't understand him. Before he knew it, Jin experienced total darkness.

*~*~*~*

When the otter hybrid regained consciousness he found himself staring at a bright light in the ceiling. He stirred slowly and his vision slowly returned to him. Jin soon recognized that 1.) he was no longer in the kitchen, 2.) he was laying down on the pack bed and 3.) his head was killing him.

"Oh my god Jin you're awake!" the otter hybrid heard your voice and he slowly turned to see you standing next to him with the look of relief. As his vision cleared, Jin realized that he wasn't in the pack bedroom at all, but was in one of the rooms in the clinic

"How do you feel?" Taehyung's voice came from the other side of him. Jin slowly rolled his head to look at the cat hybrid before answering.

"Confused..." Jin tried to move but you quickly placed your hand on his shoulder to stop him.

"Don't get up. Just keep resting. I'll go get the others," you brushed Jin's hair off his forehead before kissing it. As soon you walked away Taehyung also leaned down to peck Jin on the head,

"You scared the crap out of me, hyung,"

"What happened?"

"We were talking and I saw your food burning so I went to turn off the flame when you turned pale and passed out! You've been working yourself too much. Have you been eating properly?"

"Yeah, of course I have," Jin lied. He actually didn't know. He was too busy trying to look after you to remember.

"Well, we'll just have to feed you more," Taehyung announced before cupping Jin's head and letting out a whine. The cat hybrid then crawled onto the bed and slid right beside the otter, "I was so scared, Jinnie,"